Uproar over alleged bid to kill ex-minister
THE NON-Congress Opposition today created uproar and later staged a walkout in the State Assembly over Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan's assurance of strict action against the person allegedly involved in murderous attack on former minister Dileep Bhatere.india Updated: Jan 04, 2006 14:34 IST
THE NON-Congress Opposition today created uproar and later staged a walkout in the State Assembly over Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan's assurance of strict action against the person allegedly involved in murderous attack on former minister Dileep Bhatere.
Bhatere, who was considered an Uma Bharti supporter, caused sensation in the House by alleging that an attempt was made to eliminate him by a cattle smuggler gang in Maharashtra and one of the accused hails from Balaghat district.
During question hour Bhatere alleged his jeep was hit with a truck on November 14, 2005 with the intention to bump him off.
A report was lodged at Amgaon (Maharashtra) and complaints were also filed to DGP and SP, Balaghat. Bhatere said one of the conspirators from Balaghat is known for his criminal activities and had been externed from the district thrice. He sought to know what action was being taken against the accused.
Minister of State for Home Nagendra Singh replied that investigation was going on into the incident and instructions were issued to the collector to book the culprit under National Security Act. Intervening in the matter Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan said that the government would take effective steps to ensure safety of the members' lives.
However, Samajvadi Party's Sunilam alleged that the case is the upshot of political rivalry between the two sides and the government should not take politically motivated action against any person. Sunilam's remark irked Speaker Ishwardas Rohani who warned the member against breaching the House's dignity.
The Speaker told him that if he had any grouse in the matter he was free to raise his voice at an appropriate time and through appropriate procedure. The Samajvadi Party, CPM and the BSP members staged a walkout to lodge their protest against the government's stand on the incident.
During discussion on a call attention motion on doctors' alleged negligence in sterilisation cases in Hoshangabad district, CPM's Ramlakhan Sharma raised the issue of sterilisation of a deaf and dumb youth who was married in June this year only.
He also alleged that a tribal woman died during sterilisation operation on November 18 in Harda district. He sought to know if the government would provide job and Rs five lakh compensation to kin of the deceased and take action against the guilty doctor.
He also demanded action against those responsible for sterilisation of the handicapped youth. Public Health and Family Welfare Minister Ajay Vishnoi said since the death occurred due to 'surgical shock' there was no question of taking action against the doctor.
The stipulated compensation amount was given to the deceased's husband the same day when the woman died. Action was taken against the motivator who was instrumental behind sterilisation of the handicapped youth, he said.
During the discussion the Minister for Woman and Child Development Kusum Singh Mahdele and Ramlakhan Sharma indulged in a verbal spar. Sharma's remarks on Mahdele enraged the treasury bench members. They demanded an apology from Sharma. More vocal were Minister for PWD Kailash Vijayvargiya and Minister for Co-operative Gopal Bhargawa.
First Published: Jan 04, 2006 14:34 IST