Woman gang-raped in Pune, four arrested
A 23-year-old woman was raped in Pune by seven men, four of whom have been arrested, the police said on Tuesday.
The crime took place around 8.30 pm on Monday in Hadapsar, Pune, said a police official.
"The woman was walking when two men in an auto rickshaw asked her if she was going to a place called Saswada. The girl took the auto but the men took her to a building construction site where they were joined in by five more men, who later raped her," Police Inspector Vasant Sonavane told IANS.
The police have already arrested four accused identified as Ajay Netkari, Sadashiv Jadav, Santosh Lohare and Balu Kamble, while the search is on for the other three. All the accused are in the age group of 20 to 25.
After medical examination, the woman has been sent home and a case has been lodged at the Hadpsar police station, the police inspector said.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Earlier this month, CBI in the first charge-sheet in the case had named BSF Commandant Satish Kumar and Murshidabad-based businessman Enamul Haque along with five others for their alleged involvement in cattle smuggling across the India-Bangladesh border.
- The bench, also comprising Justices L Nageswara Rao and S Ravindra Bhat apart from Chief Justice of India (CJI) SA Bobde were of the view that magistrates should play a more “intrusive” role in investigation.
- Police said the accused and the victim were in a relationship for a year, but of late she had been avoiding him.
- The national carrier at present is operating only special passenger trains since the curbs on lockdown were eased. Regular passenger trains have been suspended since March 25, 2020.
- Both the casualties took place due to IED blasts.
- The BJP unit has also been at loggerheads with the ruling Meghalaya Democratic Alliance (MDA) dispensation with its chief Earnest Mawrie accusing it of anomalies in governance.
- Shahjahanpur’s superintendent of police S Anand, SP, denied reports that the girl was burnt after a failed rape attempt
- An expert team is trying to drain out the lake to prevent another tragedy like the Chamoli flash flood.
- The tribal fair draws devotees not only from Telangana, but also from other states like Andhra Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh.
- The notice released by the state government stated “All passengers coming to West Bengal from the aforementioned 4 states shall mandatorily carry a covid negative RT-PCR report for such test conducted within 72 hours of flight departure.”
- The police said they were ascertaining the identities and affiliation of the two terrorists.