Tagline contest to reposition Uttar Pradesh as a tourism hub
UP, the most populous state in the country, had earlier the tagline ‘Uttar Pradesh: Amazing heritage, grand experiences’ for some time. The state is home to important pilgrimage centres of India and has a plethora of unique wildlife in the Terai region.lucknow Updated: Jul 28, 2017 13:40 IST
If you can sum up the essence of Uttar Pradesh, its rich history, culture and diversity in a catchy tagline, you stand a chance to win recognition and a cash prize of Rs 25,000.
- The tagline should be catchy and should not be more than one line in Hindi or English
- Participants should upload the tagline in MS Word/ PDF format only.
- The tagline should be usable on website, mobile app, social media, magazines, commercial, holdings, standees, brochures, leaflets, pamphlets, souvenirs and other publicity and marketing material.
- All the entries received by department of tourism, Uttar Pradesh, will be assessed for award by a selection committee.
- Entries will be judged on the basis of elements of creativity, originality, composition, technical excellence, simplicity, artistic merit and visual impact and how well they communicate the theme.
Looking for a tagline that can aptly summarise the state’s identity, UP tourism department has announced a contest to reposition the state in tourism sector.
Besides the first prize of Rs 25,000, the department has announced Rs 15,000 and Rs 10,000 for contestants securing second and third position and seven consolation prizes worth Rs 5,000 each.
UP, the most populous state in the country, had earlier the tagline ‘Uttar Pradesh: Amazing heritage, grand experiences’ for some time. The state is home to important pilgrimage centres of India and has a plethora of unique wildlife in the Terai region.
The state boasts of cultural, religious and heritage tourism assets. It has a unique cuisine which is as diverse as its geography.
Textile, crafts, dance/drama and legacy of musicians of UP add to the exquisiteness of tourism offerings.
“The department’s dream to help UP become a tourism hub and a leader in promoting sustainable and inclusive development through tourism rides on this contest,” said a senior official at tourism department.
“The search for a tagline is the beginning of a more aggressive marketing campaign to change the perception about the state,” he added.
The official said 883 participants had already submitted entries and the tourism department was anticipating a deluge of suggestions by the last date (August 10) of submission.
Those willing to participate in the contest may log on to the website (www.mygov.in/task/suggest-tagline-department-tourism-government-uttar-pradesh/) and post the tagline.
Kerala was the first Indian state to come up with a tagline ‘God’s Own Country’ in 1989.
The tagline caught the imagination of tourists and the state became a tourist hotspot in a few years — a feat that UP tourism department is trying to replicate.
First Published: Jul 28, 2017 13:40 IST