Uttar Pradesh child molester case: CBI gets 5-day custody of suspect
A local court on Wednesday granted Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) five-day custody of Ram Bhavan, the junior engineer with the state irrigation department accused of sexually abusing minor children and selling their videos over the dark web.
The CBI will take him in custody on November 26 and bring him back to Banda jail, where he is currently lodged, on November 30, district government counsel Manoj Kumar said.
While passing the order, additional district and sessions judge (V) of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Court Rizwan Ahmad said the CBI must follow all Covid-19 protocols.
To be sure, Bhavan had tested positive for coronavirus disease on November 23, a day before the CBI bail plea for his remand was to be decided.
Bhavan was arrested from Chitrakoot on November 16.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Progressive sugarcane farmers from every corner of the state will be invited and it is expected that many specialist producers of the agriculture and food processing sector will also visit the festival.
- 10 BJP and two SP candidates are in the fray in the legislative council polls for 12 seats. Their unopposed election is being seen as a foregone conclusion, provided none of the remaining candidates withdraw, which will otherwise make voting necessary.
- The order to lift the ban was issued after chief minister Yogi Adityanath approved a proposal to this effect on Monday, sources said.
- All joined at a membership event held in the presence of SP chief Akhilesh Yadav at the party headquarters.
- The 41-year-old doctor expressed complete faith in Covishield vaccine and said that all results have shown it to be an effective protection against the coronavirus and safe.
- All 15 police personnel were suspended for remaining absent from their duty points.
- A senior BJP leader said the party has some big plans for AK Sharma.
- After the legislative council election, the UP Cabinet is likely to be expanded before the crucial 2022 Assembly election, said a BJP leader.
- The girl came to Lucknow from Nepal in search of a job two years ago before she was misled and trapped by the main accused who worked as a security guard.