Looking to jazz up your home this monsoon? Follow these home decor tips
To avoid the damp odour common in monsoon, use breathable, 100% cotton materials on accessories such as pillows, sheets and curtains.Updated: Jul 17, 2018 17:59 IST
Monsoon is the best season to decorate your home with bright colours blending with furniture, soft home textiles, flooring, lighting and deco arts. Soft home furnishings play a major role in jazzing up your house, so opt for the right trends.
Here’s some good advice from the experts:
* Widen look for the small rooms: For small rooms, it’s preferable to blend colours with whites to get a wider look. Use lightweight furniture, delicate décor so that it won’t overpower the room or dominate the space. Play with shades of coral, aqua, turquoise and pinks to make your living space jazzier.
* Use 100% cotton bedsheet: Monsoon comes with humid weather, so nothing’s more comfortable to use in this weather than a cotton bedsheet for a good night’s sleep. Cotton bedsheets also help absorb superfluous moisture.
* Complete decor with curtains: Sheer lightweight curtains will give a delicate yet sophisticated look to your living room, besides letting the breeze pass through.
* Using breathable materials: To avoid the damp odour common in monsoon, use breathable, 100% cotton materials on accessories such as pillows, sheets and curtains.
* Quality is the key: The harsh weather can sometimes be unkind to the materials used in a bedroom. This deterioration can be stalled by the use of high-quality linens and materials. Avoid suede as it can easily be damaged by high levels of moisture.
– Inputs from Abhinav Mahajan, retail director, Maspar, and Mr G Shankar Ram, joint managing director, Peps Industries.
First Published: Jul 17, 2018 17:58 IST