5 things we know about Mumbai cop’s son who killed mother, drew smiley with her blood
Mumbai city news: The accused told police he drew the smiley on the floor as he felt “relaxed”mumbai Updated: Jun 02, 2017 15:29 IST
1. Ganore murdered his mother, Dipali, on May 23 at their home in Santacruz (East). He stabbed the 42-year-old woman mother five times on the neck, four on the hand and three on the chest with a kitchen knife.
2. He then wrote a chilling message with her blood. “Tired of her, catch me & hang me,” it read.
3. He had a bath and changed his clothes. He then took Rs2 lakh from the house and went to the Santacruz railway station, from where he caught a train. He changed trains and reached Jodhpur in Rajasthan on Thursday. Within 48 hours of him buying and using a new mobile phone, the Vakola police traced him with the help of the Jodhpur police. They picked him up from a hotel and brought him back to Mumbai by flight on Friday morning.
4. Police said Ganore had not told his mother that he failed his first year BSC exams. He would keep coming up with excuses when she asked him how he had fared. On May 23, however, Dipali lost her cool. She and her son got into a heated argument. Ganore picked up the knife intending to stab himself but changed his mind and started stabbing her mother on hearing her rebukes. During interrogation, he told police he drew the smiley on the floor as he felt “relaxed”.
5. Ganore’s father Dyaneshwar was posted at the Khar police station. He was part of the team that investigated the sensational Sheena Bora murder case.