Justin Bieber is coming to India! Here’s when, where and how
Beliebers, rejoice! The golden boy of pop comes to the showbiz capital of India in May and he’s partying for a whole week... and performing, of course.
“Namaste India. See you on May 10th at DY Patil Stadium,” said the exuberant message from Justin Bieber, confirming his arrival exclusively to us.
The show at the stadium located in Nerul, Mumbai, is a part of the Purpose World Tour 2017. Mumbai will be one of the three Asian cities to host the Canadian singer’s concerts. The other two are Tel Aviv (Israel) and Dubai (United Arab Emirates).
According to sources, Bieber will fly in with an entourage of 150 people, including backup dancers and choreographers. During his planned week-long stay, the pop star is “excited about doing the typical touristy things”, said the source.
The organisers would reach out to one of the Khans of Bollywood or the Ambani family to host a grand welcome party for the singer, added the source.
“Apart from Mumbai, he’ll visit New Delhi and Jaipur for some sightseeing. The organisers are putting together a tentative itinerary that’ll include a visit to a film set, some local shopping, and seeing places of historical interest, plus meet-and-greet with A-list musicians and actors,” the source told us.
Tickets to the Justin Bieber concert go on sale from February 22, and are priced from Rs 4,000.
There were reports earlier that Shailendra Singh, who organises Sunburn Festival, was also bringing Bieber’s concert to India, and that it would be scheduled for May 19. However, Arjun Jain, a part of an event production and management venture, is the organiser of the Mumbai show. Refuting the earlier reports, Jain said, “I’ll be the sole promoter of the tour. It has taken me close to six months to lock the deal.”
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Last year, BTS singer Jimin caused a frenzy among Indian BTS fans when he said he watched 3 Idiots.
- BTS singer V confirmed that his mixtape would feature 13 songs. This revelation has left the fandom, ARMY, in an emotional state.
- Nick Jonas has released the title track from his new album Spaceman. The singer revealed that most songs on the album are musical love letters to Priyanka Chopra.
- BTS singer Jungkook took to Twitter and shared a selfie flaunting his blue hair. The singer caused a frenzy among fans and left a few wondering if the hair colour change has something to do with his mixtape.
- Renowned Punjabi singer Sardool Sikander died on Wednesday. Several Punjabi and Bollywood celebrities remembered him on social media.
- BTS served a treat for their fans as they appeared on the recent episode of MTV Unplugged. RM, Jin, Suga, J-Hope, Jimin, V and Jungkook performed two tracks from their album BE, Telepathy and Blue & Grey, while covering Coldplay's Fix You.
- A new Bangtan Bomb was released today which saw RM vibing to Justin Bieber's Where Are U Now, Jin reciting Twinkle Twinkle Little Stars and Suga revealing which member he wants to give his photo card to.
- Bigg Boss 13's Shehnaaz Gill and popular rap singer Badshah are working together on a new song. Both took to their respective social media handles to share the news.