My talent stands vindicated: Anu Malik on National Awards-winning song
His compositions for Dum Laga Ke Haisha (2015) were lauded by music aficionados. Now, Moh moh ke dhaage, one of the more popular compositions from the soundtrack by Anu Malik, has won two National Awards -- one for playback singer Monali Thakur, and another for lyricist Varun Grover.
“When your work is given such an honour, it’s soul-satisfying. I feel blessed and humbled that my composition was received so well and it connected with everyone,” says Anu.
Ask him if he expected such an honour to come his way when he was working on the track, and Anu says, “I only had the situation in mind. But, yes, I was aware that I had to create a tune that would stand the test of time. Also, I was working with Aditya Chopra (producer), Maneesh Sharma (producer) and Sharat Kataria (director) for the first time. So, I wanted to give it my best. Winning an award was not on my mind; making a song that would showcase my talent was the only priority. And today, my talent stands vindicated.”
The composer adds that he is thankful to Chopra for trusting him. “When the song was recorded, he said it was my finest creation,” he says .
Follow @htshowbiz for more.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The Recording Academy announced the list of performers for Grammys 2021. BTS, Taylor Swift, Harry Styles and many more will perform at this year's cereony.
- Bigg Boss 14 winner Rubina Dilaik and Bigg Boss 13's Paras Chhabra are coming together for a music video. See their pictures and videos from the shoot.
- BTS singer Jungkook hosted a VLive on Sunday. During the chat, he revealed his new hair colour, thanked the ARMY, listened to songs and gave everyone a good look at his arm tattoos.
- Singer Nick Jonas shared his thoughts on BTS, to the delight of the pop group's fans. Here's what he said.
- BTS singer Jungkook released an alternative bridge of the group's song Dis-ease. The 45-second clip has the BTS member singing in English.
- Bigg Boss 13 star Shehnaaz Gill romances Badshah in new song Fly, but 'looks part Indian-part Thai'. Watch the video here.
- Rohanpreet Singh was bowled over by Neha Kakkar's "hotness" in their glamorous new photoshoot together. See pictures here.
- BTS singers Jimin and V graduated from Global Cyber University. The duo has been conferred with the Presidential Award as well.
- Singer Shreya Ghoshal has announced her first pregnancy. She is married to Shiladitya M since six years.
- BTS leader RM, during a conversation about India, revealed that he was familiar with Daler Mehndi's hit Punjabi track Tunak Tunak Tun and confessed he sang the song in middle school.