Nitish Kumar writes to Hardeep Puri over flight cancellations at Darbhanga airport
Bihar chief minister Nitish Kumar has written to civil aviation minister Hardeep Singh Puri over frequent flight cancellations due to foggy weather conditions at the Darbhanga airport and delay in transfer of 31 acres of land by the Air Force for the construction of a permanent terminal building there.
He added the airport needs to be developed as an international airport. “For this, along with the expansion of the airport, it is necessary to provide night landing facility, besides installation of the necessary equipment to resolve issues related to low visibility due to foggy weather during the winter season,” he wrote.
“After the commissioning of the Darbhanga airport, a lot of people have started using this airport in a short time and there is a great deal of potential for the development of this airport.”
The airport became operational under the Centre’s regional connectivity scheme on November 8. Low-cost carrier SpiceJet operates flights from Darbhanga to Delhi, Mumbai, and Bengaluru.
Kumar has also proposed naming the airport after Maithili poet Kavi Kokil Vidyapati. “Vidyapati was not only a poet but he lives in the hearts of the people of Bihar and Mithila.”
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Sasaram SP said he met the bereaved family and posted security guards at their house. Meanwhile, raids were being carried out to arrest the absconding accused.
- Pandey was kidnapped when he left his party’s Kidwaipuri office after attending a meeting at around 6pm on Sunday.
- Presently, the state has just 202 IAS officers against the sanctioned strength of 359.
- Several schools will not reopen just yet; they are planning to conduct online examinations and commence regular classes for primary students from the next academic session.
- For persons with special ability, especially wheelchair bound ‘Divyaangs’, using the underpass is difficult as well as dangerous. Even normal people do not find most of the underpasses smooth and convenient, said an official.
- Baitha utilised the pandemic as an opportunity to turn into an entrepreneur and set up an LED bulb manufacturing unit in his village.
- A massive awareness program about the disease in the worst affected areas will also be launched.
- The advantage of the site at Dobhi is its proximity to the upcoming eastern freight dedicated corridor passing through Gaya and the Kolkata-Delhi national highway.
- Usually mercury above 30°C is recorded in March, but this year the mercury has exceeded the normal temperature in February-end itself, said a weather department official.
- Sanjeev was the 4 family member to be murdered in the last 20 years. His father Mahendra alias Gumti Mishra, uncle Chandrama Mishra and grandfather Pt Kamta Prasad Mishra, had all been shot dead in Parsathua market.
- Those who fail to turn up for vaccination after registration will have the option to re-register after cancelling the previous one.
- Kumar had earlier in his address referred to the Patna HC’s endeavour in 2006, soon after he took over the reins of the state, to help establish the rule of law by ensuring speedy trials so that wrongdoers could get punishment.