Kerala actor kidnapping case: Main accused claims receiving death threat
The main accused in Kerala actor kidnapping case, Pulsar Suni, on Tuesday said that he was getting death threats and did not want to move a bail application.regional movies Updated: Jul 11, 2017 15:22 IST
In a new twist to the Kerala actor kidnapping and rape case, main accused Pulsar Suni on Tuesday told a Kochi court he was getting death threat and so he did not want to move a bail application.
Suni made the startling claim when he was produced before the first class judicial magistrate court after his remand period expired.
Talking to newsmen at the court premises, he said many “big sharks” were involved in the crime and their names would come out soon.
The probe into the February kidnapping case got a new dimension after Malayalam superstar Dileep’s name was linked to the case last month.
Pictures of the actor with Suni surfaced on Sunday after the former had claimed he never knew the latter opened a new angle to the case.
As the plot thickened, actor Dileep and one of his friends Nadirshah are planning to move the high court for anticipatory bail.
The SIT, which is probing the case, has already secured details of phone calls Suni made from the jail. He reportedly called Nadirshah at least thrice and one of the calls lasted more than eight minutes.
Suni made another call to Dileep’s manager Appunni.
The SIT now suspects that the audio record of the phone call submitted to the police might have been edited.
Dileep had filed a police complaint saying that one jail inmate Vishnu, who shared the cell with Suni, had threatened him to pay Rs 1.50 crore immediately or else he would reveal his role in the conspiracy.
Mobile phone was smuggled inside the jail by one of the friends of the main accused.
Last month, Dileep’s name surfaced in a Vishnu’s letter and since then, the superstar is facing the heat.
Last week the SIT had grilled Dileep, his manager and Nadirshah for more than 13 hours and asked them not to leave Kochi without its permission.
Later it also raided Kavya Madhavan’s (Dileep’s second wife) house and cloth outlet in Kochi.
The actor was waylaid and abducted on the night of February 17 by a gang allegedly led by Suni and took photos and video of the sexual assault in the moving car.
They let her go after three-hour ordeal and threatened to release the video if she approached the police.
During the attack Suni told the victim that he was hired to execute the crime.
The police later recovered a two-minute video clip showing the brutal sexual assault on the victim. Later DNA examination of sperm marks on the dress of the actor “confirmed the involvement” of the main accused.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
First Published: Jul 04, 2017 14:17 IST