Rana Daggubati, Miheeka Bajaj to tie the knot this year, confirms Suresh Babu
Producer D Suresh Babu has confirmed that his son Rana Daggubati will enter wedlock with Miheeka Bajaj this year. He said they’ll be busy planning a wedding in this lockdown.
Talking to Times of India, Suresh Babu opened up about Rana’s wedding. He said: “During these grim times, we finally have a reason to celebrate. The entire family is happy. The kids have known each other for a long time now and we’re all very happy for them.”
He hinted that the wedding will take place this year.
“The wedding will happen this year. We were thinking of having it around December but it could happen even sooner than that too. We will reveal the details once things are finalised. One thing’s for sure, the kids have given us a nice way to enhance our lockdown productivity. We’ll now be busy planning a wedding,” he added.
On Tuesday, out of the blue, Rana confirmed his relationship with Miheeka Bajaj. Sharing a picture on his Twitter page, he wrote she said ‘yes’ to his proposal.
He captioned his tweet: “And she said yes (sic).” He shared picture along with his tweet.
Miheeka Bajaj is a designer by profession. She recently founded Dew Drop Design Studio – an event company that weaves dreams into reality. It is yet unknown how both Rana and Miheeka met and if they’ve been dating for a while.
On the career front, Rana has two projects ready for release. His immediate release will be forest-based thriller Haathi Mere Saathi, which will be released in Tamil and Telugu as Kaadan and Aaranya, respectively.
In Prabhu Solomon-directed Haathi Mere Saathi, Rana plays a character inspired from environmental activist Jadav Payeng, popularly called the Forest Man of India.
Haathi Mere Saathi, which also stars Vishnu Vishal, Pulkit Samrat and Shriya Piglanokar, was supposed to release on April 2 in three languages. Its release stands cancelled due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Director Shyam Benegal goes down memory lane as his National Award winning film Zubeidaa completes two decades, recalls how Manoj Bajpayee was initially diffident to play a Maharaja and Karisma Kapoor was nervous.
- Eijaz Khan, who recently had to leave Bigg Boss 14 abruptly, has opened up about his relationship with Pavitra Punia.
- Changes will be made to Tandav, after the web series was embroiled in a controversy surrounding certain scenes. Director Ali Abbas Zafar has issued a statement.
- Kareena Kapoor has shared a picture of her lavish lunch, sent by cousin Armaan Jain. Check it out here.
- Anushka Sharma has congratulated Team India on their historic victory against Australia on Tuesday.
- Actor Zeeshan Khan, who appears in Kumkum Bhagya, has recalled a casting couch incident that he experienced.
- Sherlyn Chopra has accused disgraced director Sajid Khan of sexual misconduct, adding that he's protected by the Bollywood 'mafia'.
- Pahlaj Nihalani has said that although he hasn't received an invitation, he's heard that Varun Dhawan and Natasha Dalal are tying the knot this weekend.