Sangamithra has not been shelved, assures filmmaker Sundar C | regional movies | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Apr 20, 2018-Friday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Sangamithra has not been shelved, assures filmmaker Sundar C

Sundar C revealed that unlike other films where work on graphics will be done only after shooting, in Sangamithra, they have started it before shooting.

regional movies Updated: Jan 15, 2018 13:18 IST
Haricharan Pudipeddi
Sundar C hoped to begin Sangamithra shoot from April.
Sundar C hoped to begin Sangamithra shoot from April.

Filmmaker Sundar C’s magnum opus Sangamithra was launched amidst lot of hype last year in Cannes International Film Festival. The project was announced with Shruti Haasan and she even underwent training in action for nearly a month in London, preparing herself for the role. In an unfortunate turn of events, she walked out of the project as she wasn’t handed over the full script of the film as promised when she signed the project. Unsure of the full graph of her character, she chose to exit the project, much to the surprise of everybody. She was subsequently replaced by Disha Patani, who’d be making her Tamil debut with the project. Meanwhile, reports emerged that the project has been shelved for the time being and will be revived at a later stage.

At the press meet of upcoming Tamil comedy Kalakalappu 2, its director Sundar C clarified that Sangamithra has not been shelved. “The pre-production work is still going on. On a project of this scale, pre-production is followed by storyboard creation. Unlike other films where work on graphics will be done only after shooting, here in Sangamithra, we have started it before shooting. The project is very much on; we hope to start shooting from April,” Sundar told reporters.

Tipped to be made on a lavish scale, the film happens to the most expensive project in the careers of its director Sundar C and its makers, Sri Thenandal Studios. It is also rumoured that the film is most likely to be made into two parts. Going the Baahubali way, the first part will feature Arya while the second one will star Jayam Ravi, who had said that he will start training for the project and also beef up to play the challenging role. Arya, who hasn’t had a hit in a long time, has pinned all his hopes on this film as he wishes to bounce back strongly. Composer AR Rahman has been roped in to score music and he has apparently already completed a song. The film will also be made in Telugu and Hindi, but maybe not simultaneously along with its Tamil version.

Follow @htshowbiz for more