Sonal Chauhan bats for Inji Iduppazhagi, its lead actor Anushka
Bollywood actor Sonal Chauhan who will be seen in a supporting role in the upcoming Telugu-Tamil bilingual comedy Inji Iduppazhagi (Size Zero) says the film touches upon the subject of weight in a “sensitive and beautiful” way. The film releases this Friday.
Directed by Prakash Kovelamudi and written by Kanika Dhillon, the film features Anushka Shetty in the lead role as an overweight woman.
“The beauty of the film lies in the way it addresses a major issue with so much sensitivity. It presents everything in such a lighter vein that it will instantly connect with the audience,” said Sonal.
Watch Inji Iduppazhagi trailer here:
Describing her experience of working in the film as “fantastic”, she said: “When I first met Prakash and his wife Kanika, there was so much of positivity around them. I usually go by the vibes, and I knew deep down here’s a project that’ll definitely work.”
Despite the outcome of the project, Sonal believes that everybody who worked on the film will be “really proud”. “This is a story with a lot of heart, and made by a team of people who sincerely felt for it,” she said.
The film also stars Arya and Adivi Sesh, besides cameos by a bevy of stars such as Akkineni Nagarjuna, Rana Daggubati, Simhaa, Jiiva, Kajal Aggarwal, Tamannaah Bhatia, Hansika Motwani and Revathy.
The film, according to the Legend actor, also successfully breaks many stereotypes, including some preconceived notion about non-resident Indians (NRI).
“Although I play a very fit, good-looking and glamorous NRI who comes to India to work on a project with an NGO, I’m portrayed in a very positive light but not as someone sans the traditional values,” she said.
On working with Anushka, with whom Sonal has shared the screen space for the first time, she said: “I think Anushka deserves the success she’s got so far this year. Good things only happen to good people and I want only good things to happen to her.”
Sonal said that even though Anushka is a highly successful star, she remains grounded.
“This quality is what makes her instantly likable. It’s extremely tough to be humble when you’re so successful, but Anushka is an exception and that’s something I learnt from her,” she said.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Shabana Azmi has shared a picture of herself, smiling from ear-to-ear, on the one-year anniversary of a near-fatal car crash.
- The Amazon Prime Video web series Tandav has been at the centre of a controversy after it was alleged that certain scenes are offensive to certain communities. Here's everything you need to know about what happened.
- Tandav creator Ali Abbas Zafar has issued an apology on behalf of the cast and crew of the Amazon web series, after an FIR was lodged against several people involved in the show for hurting religious sentiments.
- Vikas Gupta took to Twitter to share 'proof' of Aly Goni's homophobia, which Jasmin Bhasin didn't take quietly.
- Remo D'Souza, who recently had a health scare, was spotted out and about town with friend Aamir Ali. Watch a video here.
- Citing the examples of Deepika Padukone, Kangana Rananut and Alia Bhatt, Taapsee Pannu has said that it is 'tedious' to find male stars to do female-led films.
- Mira Rapjut has shared new photos and videos from her Goa vacation with husband, actor Shahid Kapoor. Check them out here.
- Kangana Ranaut shared a video of Jiah Khan's sister levelling serious allegations of sexual harassment against Sajid Khan. She suggested that he has the 'full support' of the 'mafia' in the film industry.
- Actor Minissha Lamba has said that there is no longer any stigma attached to separation, and if a relationship isn't working, it is advisable to part ways amicably.
- Shah Rukh Khan jokingly took offence as the official Twitter handle of Kolkata Knight Riders declared Juhi Chawla’s husband Jay Mehta as the 'most affable gentleman'.