Sushmita is a thinking man's heroine: Srijit
Nirbaak, which releases on May 1, also stars actor-director Anjan Dutt, Jisshu Sengupta and Ritwik Chakraborty. Mukherji also says that he had always desired to work with the Main Hoon Na actor. "She is a thinking man's heroine. She's very intelligent, articulate, well read and that reflected even when she was doing Biwi No 1. Actresses were mostly required to run around trees and mouth inane lines especially in the stereotype Bollywood films of the 1990s. Sushmita was like a fish out of water. She has a mind of her own. I liked her persona and I wanted to work with her. Nirbaak is an experimental film, which I haven't tried earlier," says the filmmaker, who is occupied with the pre-production work of his second Kakababu film, Paharchuray Aatonko.
Mukherji, who is also busy with the dubbing of his next film, Rajkahini, a period drama, will be in New Delhi on May 3 to receive the National Award from the President. Does he get enough me-time these days? "Be it playing the harmonica for Piku's background score or dubbing with Rituparna Sengupta for Rajkahini, films are my life. Anything remotely related to films falls in me time-space. So, I am not missing my sleep much," he smiles.
Mukherji is also sporting a dishevelled beard these days and he has a valid reason for doing so. "Kamaleshwar da (Mukherjee) asked me to keep a beard for his film, Mahabharat. The film will start any day, so I'm sporting this look. However, I will trim it on May 3 when I attend the ceremony in New Delhi," says the Jaatiswar filmmaker.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Parineeti Chopra, on being asked about a time in her life she would like to forget, said that she would like to erase her college days as she was 'hugely overweight' at the time.
- Tanishaa Mukherji wished her sister Kajol and brother-in-law Ajay Devgn on their 2nd wedding anniversary.
- Nakuul Mehta’s wife Jankee Parekh revealed how her life has changed after the birth of their son, Sufi. She said that she is busy with mommy duties, leaving her little time for social media activities.
- Kangana Ranaut announced the release date of her upcoming Jayalalithaa biopic, Thalaivi, with a short teaser. The film, directed by AL Vijay, will release on April 23.
- BTS singer Jungkook took to Twitter and shared a selfie flaunting his blue hair. The singer caused a frenzy among fans and left a few wondering if the hair colour change has something to do with his mixtape.
- Priyanka Chopra Jonas reacted to a social media user criticised her now-viral ball-shaped outfit. Earlier, Priyanka shared a bunch of memes inspired by her dress.
- Gauahar Khan revealed her father has been admitted to a hospital. The actor took to Instagram and shared pictures of how her husband Zaid Darbar and in-laws are supporting her.
Birthday girl Sanya Malhotra: In my fifth year in Bollywood, it’s surreal, can’t believe I am living my dream
- Ayushmann Khurrana made sure to interact with his fans in Shillong by promptly coming down to meet them after they gathered at his Shillong hotel. Watch here