Vijay Deverakonda: ‘I’m a revengeful person, I feel that Vijay Deverakonda only makes good films’
Arjun Reddy star Vijay Deverakonda has said he doesn’t mind when his films don’t perform well at the box office, but he is one actor who is revengeful. Talking about failure, he said: “I am a revengeful person. When people don’t like my film, so many of friends of mine walked out of some film of mine and later called me to say (share their feedback) during early stage of my career. I completely sit and like to know the real feedback.”
Recalling the moment when a little girl approached him to share her feedback about his latest release - Dear Comrade, he said at the ongoing International Film Festival of India (IFFI) Goa: “She loved the first half of Dear Comrade, but didn’t like second half at all. That was real criticism and I will take that criticism. I don’t want to complain. I love what I am doing. Cinema is amazing. But it’s not just about creative... pushing content.”
He shared that there’s a lot of politics in cinema. “It’s a business. There’s money and propaganda, power so much play happening. I came into cinema thinking that I’ll do whatever I want to do. I don’t care how it (his movie) performs. Over time, sometimes you have to show the numbers just to keep the business...Unfortunately everything becomes business, wish it wasn’t. It would be have been a nicer place to be in. For me, when I try a film and it doesn’t work, I don’t mind if it doesn’t work,” he said.
“I feel that Vijay Deverakonda only makes good films. Good films that everyone likes or good films that some people like. That confidence I have. Now if I feel that people are trying to use it...a film not many people liking it..against me, then I think ‘I’ll show you’. Then I go into a revenge mode say ‘I’ll show them in my next film’,” he said.
The Telugu star shot to fame with Pelli Choopulu in his home state. The 2017 film Arjun Reddy helped him gain national recognition.
(This story has been published from a wire agency feed without modifications to the text. Only the headline has been changed.)
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Kangana Ranaut has shared a video of her brother and parents' Mumbai home which she transformed into a more lively place with the help of her new sister-in-law Ritu.
- Varun Dhawan and Shraddha Kapoor were spotted at the Mumbai airport on Sunday morning. The actors were headed to the Maldives, where Shraddha's cousin Priyaank is tying the knot.
- Irrfan Khan's son Babil got a detailed message from the actor's The Namesake co-star Kal Penn who said that he wasn't sure how to get in touch with the family to share his love and gratitude.
- Aelay is a fun, sweet film that gets so much right about life in a small village and their tradition but is needlessly long drawn.
- Sara Ali Khan has shared a few adorable pictures with cousin Inaaya Naumi Kemmu (daughter of her aunt Soha Ali Khan) and the two have been called ‘cuteness queens’ by the internet.
- Ranveer Singh's sister Ritika Bhavnani celebrated her birthday on Saturday and the entire Bhavnani family came together to celebrate the occasion by stepping out for a family dinner.
- Actor Ameesha Patel took to her social media accounts on Saturday to seemingly address reports that she'd defrauded a businessman.
- Genelia D'Souza once teased sons Rahyl and Riaan about Riteish Deshmukh's 'new girlfriend'. She said that the boys got rather 'upset' with him over the joke.