Did Shah Rukh Khan make anti-Modi comments on Twitter? Find out the truth
Ever since the Bhartiya Janata Party made a sweeping victory in the Lok Sabha Polls, there have been reports on social media suggesting that actor Shah Rukh Khan had once said that he will leave India if Narendra Modi becomes Prime Minister.
An SRK fan , @TheSRKdisciple has now written an open letter clarifying that it was not
, but small time actor Kamaal R Khan who had made the statement.
Excerpts from the letter: "Mr Kamaal Khan, trying to gain mileage without using fuel, adapted a shortened version of his name, KRK, trying to sound similar to SRK. Mr Kamaal Khan is known for his controversial statements. Some days ago, he tweeted: 'It’s my challenge to entire world that if Modi ji will become next PM, then I will leave not only Twitter but India also forever.' The pathetic part is, some illiterates (or literate hatemongers) could not differentiate the ‘S’ from the ‘K’ and thus began a series of unethical, untrue and immoral personal attacks on Mr Shah Rukh Khan.
BJP has already dismissed the rumours, clarifying that it was KRK, and not SRK behind the statement. Mr Shah Rukh Khan always avoids making political statements declaring himself as apolitical."
Shah Rukh Khan to shoot in hometown Delhi
Delhi boy Shah Rukh Khan is all set to go down memory lane. The actor will be in his hometown for a substantial period of time, nearly 23 years after shooting his debut TV series Fauji in the national capital, for the upcoming film of director Maneesh Sharma of Band Bajaa Baaraat fame. He will stay in Delhi for two months while shooting for the movie.
A source close to the actor reveals, "After 23 years,
SRK had studied in Delhi’s St Columba’s school, Hansraj College and Jamia Milia Islamia University.
When contacted, Maneesh confirms the news saying, "SRK shares a special bond with Delhi and we decided to shoot there as we felt the locations in the city were apt for the film."
Even though Shah Rukh has shot in Delhi before, none of those schedules were extensive. The source adds, “It is an outdoor shoot and the team has decided to film on the streets. They had the option to create a set in the city since it’s a long schedule, but will shoot at real locations. The team will shoot at popular spots such as Connaught Place, Race Course Road and Chandni Chowk (below). The film will also be shot in other cities."
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Anil Kapoor reveals he had really looked forward to shooting a scene that had him taking a stand for his onscreen daughter, Priyanka Chopra, in the film Dil Dhadakne Do.
- BTS singer Jungkook was the talk of the town with his surprise VLive followed by his statements on his upcoming mixtape, dubbed JJK1, on Saturday.
- Alia Bhatt has shared a sunshiny new picture on Instagram and she looks stunning as ever. Check it out and try to spot a cute little cat in the picture as well.
- Suhana Khan spent her Saturday night with friends in New York. Shah Rukh Khan's daughter took to her Instagram Stories and shared a glimpse of her whereabouts.
- Rakhi Sawant's Bigg Boss 14 colleague Vikas Gupta met her mother Jaya Sawant and cheered her up ahead of her cancer operation.
- Days after the trailer was released, Mumbai Saga makers have dropped its first song, titled Shor Machega. Yo Yo Honey Singh and Hommie Dilliwala sing the latest Bollywood song.
- Keerthy Suresh shared an adorable video of her dog Nyke who is first seen running away from a robot vacuum cleaner and is then riding it like a boss.
- Raashi Khanna shared a few pictures from her playtime with her nephew Neil and called him the love and light of her life.