Ban Bigg Boss 13 for forcing men and women to share bed, demands traders’ body: report
A traders’ organisation has approached Information and Broadcasting Minister, Prakash Javadekar with a request to ban Salman Khan-hosted reality TV show, Bigg Boss 13. They have asked for a certification from censor board before the show is telecast.
According to a report in The Hindu Business Line, Confederation of All India Traders (CAIT) on Sunday urged Javadekar to impose a ban as Bigg Boss 13 as “ our country’s traditional and cultural values are being tarnished in the lust of TRP and profits”. The letter also said that the show be allowed only after certification from the censor board as there was a need to eliminate elements of vulgarity to an extent that it can be watched by viewers of all ages.
The report quoted Praveen Khandelwal, secretary general of CAIT, who said: “In the current show, the concept of ‘Bed Friend Forever’ is highly deplorable and is against all moral ethics of the television world. The makers of the show have forgotten that it is the prime time slot on TV when this show is telecast and people of all age groups watch the show.” Bigg Boss is telecast from 10:30 pm on weekdays and at 9 pm on weekends.
It may be recalled that this is not the first time that an organisation has demanded a ban on the controversial show. In 2017, Bigg Boss Tamil, which is hosted by Kamal Haasan, was dragged into a controversy when Tamil Nadu-based Hindu Makkal Katchi demanded ban on it and the arrest of the veteran actor for tarnishing Tamil culture.
In its police complaint, the nationalist Hindu party demanded that the contestants of the show -- namely Oviya, Namitha, Ganja Karuppu and Harathi among others -- be arrested as well.
“The participants are mouthing obscene statements and are acting 75% nude. It is also derogative of Tamil culture and hurts the sentiments of seven crore Tamilians,” read the statement. “They should be arrested under law because they are hurting Tamil culture and the programme should be banned,” the statement added.
Fights, quarrels and cold vibes are pretty common on Bigg Boss 13. At the start of the show itself, the makers chose ‘bed partners’ for each contestant and they were supposed to share the beds unless told otherwise by Bigg Boss.
Contestants Rashami Desai and Sidharth Shukla got into an uncomfortable position due to this. It was to do with the controversial ‘bed partner’ routine inside the house. Initially, when Rashami got to know that Sidharth was to be her ‘bed partner’ on the show, she was uncomfortable. However, she eventually reconciled herself to the idea and to her friendship with Sidharth. It may be recalled the two have worked together in a daily soap called Dil Se Dil Tak.
(With IANS inputs)
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Rahul Vaidya confirms he will marry Disha Parmar soon in an intimate ceremony. He had proposed marriage to her on national TV last year on her birthday.
- Eijaz Khan gave his girlfriend Pavitra Punia a cute shout-out as she reached one million followers on Instagram. See their adorable pictures and video.
- Kapil Sharma had shared a video of his one-year-old daughter Anayra, dancing to a Honey Singh song, on his Instagram Stories.
- Satish Shah chose to wait in line for three hours in the scorching heat to get the Covid-19 vaccine. As he tweeted about not using the VIP entrance, fans flooded the internet with Maya Sarabhai jokes.
- Kishwer Merchant said that her pregnancy was not planned. She is currently expecting her first child with her husband Suyyash Rai.
- Jankee Parekh felt a number of emotions as she left newborn son Sufi at home for some time, while she visited the dentist. See their first photo here.
- An FIR was lodged against Rakhi Sawant, her brother Rakesh Sawant and a person named Raj Khatri. Rakhi's brother has now reacted to it.
- Rubina Dilaik was forced to sell her house after not receiving her salary for a television show, despite repeated reminders to her producers.
- As they plan a small and sweet celebration for their third wedding anniversary on Thursday, Keith Sequeira and Rochelle Rao talk about seeking help from a marriage counsellor.
- In a viral video, Rahul Vaidya of Bigg Boss 14 is seen narrating an incident about how he met Shah Rukh Khan's son Aryan at a city lounge and how the singer was impressed by star kid's humility and patience.
- Aly Goni has posted a new photo with close friend and Bigg Boss 14 co-contestant Jasmin Bhasin. Check it out here.
- Kishwer Merchant and Suyyash Rai announced on Tuesday that they are expecting their first child. Check out their Instagram posts.
- Amazon Prime Video has issued a new apology over the legal cases surrounding the political drama Tandav. Read it here.
- Late Pratyusha Banerjee's ex-boyfriend, Rahul Raj Singh, has said that he is waiting for the day that karma punishes Kamya Panjabi and Vikas Gupta. Both Vikas and Kamya have spoken against Rahul in Pratyusha's suicide case.