Happy birthday Shweta Tiwari: What the actor once said about falling in love again, dealing with problems, daughter’s debut
Shweta Tiwari has been a popular household name ever since she shot to fame as Prerna on Ekta Kapoor’s Kasautii Zindagii Kay. The actor continues to hold her position in the television industry as she is seen as the lead in TV show Mere Dad Ki Dulhan. On the personal front, Shweta continues to hold her ground amid personal troubles and refuses to be bogged down by them. The actor is now gearing up to witness the debut of her daughter Palak.
Here’s what Shweta said about the various aspects of her life:
On finding love again
Shweta split from her husband Abhinav Kohli last year whom she accused of domestic violence. She was playing the role of a middle-aged woman looking to settle down in the TV show Mere Dad Ki Dulhan around the same time. But in real life, Shweta refused to adhere to the idea of ‘happy matrimony’ just for the sake of it. On being asked about finding love again, she told Hindustan Times in an interview, “I am in love already, with my kids. Now I don’t have time for anybody else. I am so occupied with this love for my kids that I don’t think I am looking at anything else apart than that.”
On not bowing down to problems
Shweta was called ‘brave’ for her way of dealing with her separation. On being asked about how she handles it all with grace, the actor had told Pinkvilla, “I have so many responsibilities, so many people to look after. I can’t afford to be depressed, or sulk, or let myself go in the drains because I have my daughter, my son, have my house to look after. I am the only earning member, I am the only strongest, I think I am the man-woman of the house.”
On finding solace in work
Shweta was working on multiple projects when her marital discord made headlines. The actor, however, did not let her personal life affect her work life and continued to focus on her shows. “My strength is my passion. I work with my passion. I keep my personal and professional life separate. I don’t go on set and say ‘Oh my god, I can’t perform today because I have so many problems’ or I can’t go back home and say ‘don’t fight with me as I need to go to work’. There are two different lives. I am so passionate about my work that when I reach there and I become my character, I don’t really need to think about my problems. My family is so strong that I don’t really feel that there are so many problems. I feel my family takes care of me and I can work.”
On daughter Palak’s education and acting dreams
Shweta continues to be a popular face on TV and is all set to witness the debut of her daughter Palak. The latter will now be seen in Vivek Oberoi’s home production, Rosie. Talking about her plans, Shweta said earlier, “She doesn’t want to hop into her career without proper education. She wants to take a degree and then start working. What she keeps saying is ‘When people come to interview me, I want to sound like Amit (Amitabh Bachchan) ji and Shah Rukh Khan, larger than life. I want to be well-read, I want to sound educated.’”
Watch: Shweta Tiwari talks about her kids and being in love
On accepting things the way they are
Shweta said she refused to be bogged down by haters who troll her for her personal life. “They are so many women around me who are going through these problems. I am not brave. I am very weak. I am trying to overcome my problems. I do cry, I do break but I think that’s normal,” she had said.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Nakuul Mehta’s wife Jankee Parekh revealed how her life has changed after the birth of their son, Sufi. She said that she is busy with mommy duties, leaving her little time for social media activities.
- Gauahar Khan revealed her father has been admitted to a hospital. The actor took to Instagram and shared pictures of how her husband Zaid Darbar and in-laws are supporting her.
- After Instagram account Diet Sabya pointed out the similarities between Arshi Khan's look at the Bigg Boss 14 after-party and Lady Gaga's look at the MTV VMAs 2020, fans responded.
- Devoleena Bhattarcharjee, who did a brief stint on Bigg Boss 14 filling in for Eijaz Khan, has rubbished rumours that she was getting married in 2021.
- Aly Goni shared a happy picture with Jasmin Bhasin, his first after Bigg Boss 14 ended. The two fell in love on the popular reality show.
- Rubina Dilaik and Abhinav Shukla were on the verge of separation, but they rebuilt their relationship on Bigg Boss 14. Here's how.
- Rakhi Sawant's first post after Bigg Boss 14 has left her friends and followers in awe of her resilience. Rakhi recently shared a picture of her mother in hospital, where she is undergoing cancer treatment.
- A video of comedian Kapil Sharma lashing out at the paparazzi earlier this week has divided Twitter. While his fans wished him well, others were 'perturbed' by his behaviour.
- Sidharth Shukla fans were in for a treat when he posted a short video of himself taking a dip in a swimming pool. Check out his post here.
- Asim Riaz on Tuesday proudly posted a picture of his girlfriend Himanshi Khurana's Times Square billboard. Here's how she reacted.
- Bigg Boss 14 runner-up Rahul Vaidya said that his proposal to Disha Parmar on the show was not a publicity gimmick. He said that he could not fake 'special emotions' to garner votes.