Watch: Electric scooter explodes at home while being charged in China | Hindustan Times
close_game
close_game

Watch: Electric scooter explodes at home while being charged in China

A video recently appeared online showed one Chinese family's electric scooter exploded while being charged at home.The video, shot by the family's surveillance camera installed in their living room showed the whole family were sitting at home Sunday afternoon when smoke came out of the scooter being charged in the living room, accompanied by large noises. A man tried to disconnect the charger but seeing the smoke got heavier, he took his child and escaped the room. Seconds later the scooter exploded.Viewers' comments praised the man's fast response to the accident. Smoke from burning batteries are highly toxic, which may cause people exposed to the smoke to suffocate in mere seconds, according to firefighters in Beijing. Zhang Wei, a captain of Beijing's Shijingshan District firefighters said it is important for residents to learn some basic responses to smoke and fire related accident.

 
SHARE
Story Saved
Live Score
Saved Articles
Following
My Reads
Sign out
New Delhi 0C
Saturday, April 20, 2024
Start 14 Days Free Trial Subscribe Now
Follow Us On