One of nine injured in Pak blast dies
One of the nine people wounded in the bomb blast on Tuesday in the northwestern Pakistani city of Peshawar died in the hospital.
A car bomb exploded outside the Peshawar High Court building near the Nishtar Hall on Tuesday morning at 10.45. Nine people were wounded in the blast. They were shifted to the city's main Lady Reading hospital, where a 20-year-old man succumbed to injuries on Tuesday evening. He was a messenger in the Peshawar High Court.
Police chief Abdul Majeed Marwat said that a 2-3 kg bomb was used in the explosion. The engine and the chassis numbers of the car have been obtained for investigation.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack but local officials described it as a terrorist act targeting civilians.
Peshawar has seen series of bomb attacks in recent weeks.
Some 25 people were killed and 30 others injured in a suicide bomb blast in a busy bazaar of Peshawar on May 15.
At least 23 people were killed and many injured when a suicide bomber blew himself in a public meeting of the Interior Minister Aftab Ahmed Khan Sherpao last month in the town of Charsadda, some 30 km from Peshawar.
The countries sought out Nato membership earlier this year to guarantee their security in the wake of Russian President Vladimir Putin's offensive in Ukraine. The North Atlantic Treaty Organization's rules require the consent of all of its 30 existing members before Finland and Sweden can officially accede into the alliance, which is expected in the coming months.
Muhammad Syed, 51, an Albuquerque resident, was formally charged with two of the homicides: those of Aftab Hussein, 41, and Muhammed Afzaal Hussain, 27, killed on July 26 and August 1, respectively, but he is considered a suspect in all four murders, city Police Chief Harold Medina said at a news conference.
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky wants a one-year travel ban and the apparent expulsion of Russians living in the West so that they could live "in their own world until they change their philosophy." He complained that sanctions imposed so far on Russia to punish it for invading his country on February 24 were too weak.
Mykhailo Podolyak, asked by the Dozhd online television channel whether Kyiv was taking responsibility, replied: "Of course not. What do we have to do with this?"
Currently, no vaccine or treatment for Langya virus is available, and the only solution is supportive care to manage complications pertaining to the zoonotic disease. A study published earlier revealed that the Langya virus was first spotted in human beings in 2019, with majority of the recent cases this year.