Alia Bhatt reveals Ranbir Kapoor reaction to her Prada song: ‘He told me I have a natural swag’
Actor Alia Bhatt has said that her boyfriend, Ranbir Kapoor, loved her debut music video, titled Prada. The song, performed by Alia and The Doorbeen, was released online on August 13 and has accumulated close to 20 million views on YouTube.
“Ranbir loved it,” Alia told The Times of India. “He has a very good ear for music and he told me it’s going to be a big hit. He told me that I have natural swag.” Alia said she also ‘played it for Karan Johar’, and ‘he also loved it’. “I played it for Baadshah and he was also very, very supportive and said it’s a good song.”
While The Doorbeen has delivered a massive hit in Lamberghini, the band said that they were nervous before Alia jumped on board, which they saw as validation. “We are still figuring out what path to follow, and once we get a single from the pros in the business, we will go on that path and that validation is very important,” they said.
In recent months, Alia has often accompanied Ranbir to New York, where his father, Rishi Kapoor had been undergoing treatment for cancer. Speaking about Ranbir’s reputation as being ‘difficult’, Alia had told TOI earlier, “He’s not difficult. He’s a gem. But he’s had a troubled past… How does it matter? It’s part of someone’s life. Aur main thodi na kam hoon.”
Alia wrapped up the Ooty schedule of Sadak 2 recently. The film also stars Pooja Bhatt, Sanjay Dutt, and Aditya Roy Kapur and is directed by her father, Mahesh Bhatt. She will also be seen in Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Inshallah, alongside Salman Khan, RRR alongside JR NTR and Ram Charan, Karan Johar’s period drama Takht, alongside Ranveer Singh, Kareena Kapoor Khan, Vicky Kaushal, Bhumi Pednekar, Janhvi Kapoor and Anil Kapoor, and Brahmastra alongside Ranbir Kapoor, Amitabh Bachchan and Mouni Roy.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Kangana Ranaut went back on an earlier tweet in which she claimed that she isn't interested in seeing anyone's leaked messages or emails when she was questioned about her comments on Deepika Padukone and Rhea Chakraborty's leaked WhatsApp chats.
- Preity Zinta shared a sneak peek from her road trip with husband Gene Goodenough. She posted a loved-up snap of him carrying her in his arms.
- Kangana Ranaut finally reacted to Arnab Goswami's leaked WhatsApp chat, in which he claimed that she is ‘sexually possessed with’ Hrithik Roshan.
- Vikas Khanna revealed that he was asked to pay money in exchange for favourable reviews of his directorial debut, The Last Color. He said that he will never forget it.
- Filmmaker Pooja Bhatt has written a note about feeling the temptation to drink, and how she dealt with it. She has been sober for four years.
- Actor Maanvi Gagroo, who has appeared in Four More Shots Please! and Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan, complained to an OTT platform after its name was used as bait by someone who told her she had to 'compromise' for a role.
- Shahid Kapoor's wife, Mira Rajput, has shared new posts from their Goa vacation. Check them out.
- Sushmita Sen's daughter Renee said that she never felt the need to know about her biological parents. She also expressed her desire to adopt children someday.
- Imran Khan's estranged wife, Avantika Malik, has shared a cryptic note about finding comfort on the 'darkest, quietest nights'.