Ananya Panday on being trolled for her clothes: ‘As long as I get good pictures to put on Instagram, I am fine’
Ananya Panday, who is no stranger to being trolled, talked about how she reacts to criticism for what she wears. In an appearance on Kareena Kapoor Khan’s chat show What Women Want, she said that she chooses to focus on being happy and comfortable, rather than obsessing over the negativity.
Talking to Kareena, Ananya said, “When I initially started, I was dressing in a way that probably made everyone happy. But now I think the way that I dress makes me happy. As I said in the start, as long as I am happy and comfortable, it is all that matters.”
“When it comes to trolling, now I am just like, anything I do or wear, I am going to get trolled anyway. So it’s fine, as long as I am happy and comfortable. I have made it to Diet Sabya and I have been questioned on what I am wearing but that is something that I don’t actually obsess over or anything. As long as I am happy and I get good pictures to put on my Instagram, I am fine,” she added.
Ananya was most recently seen in a cameo in the Netflix reality series Fabulous Lives of Bollywood Wives, which featured her mother, Bhavana Pandey, alongside Maheep Kapoor, Seema Khan and Neelam. The show gave a voyeuristic peek into the lives of the four ‘Bollywood wives’.
Also Watch: Chunky Pandey’s advice for Ananya Panday | Abhay 2 | Ram Kapoor | Aur Batao
Currently, Ananya is shooting for Shakun Batra’s next, which also stars Deepika Padukone and Siddhant Chaturvedi. In an interview with Hindustan Times, she said, “I have this list of people that I want to work with and Shakun is on that list. So for me when I got the opportunity to work with him, I put a tick mark near his name. It was really surreal for me. It was everything I could have dreamed of. We did a lot of workshops and readings. Shakun is just an amazing director for an actor to work with. He gives you so much space and clear instructions. He just lets you play when you are on screen.”
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Varun Dhawan and Natasha Dalal will tie the knot this Sunday, his uncle Anil Dhawan confirmed. Reportedly, the wedding will take place in Alibaug.
- Katrina Kaif on Wednesday posted a video of herself, sweating it out at a Pilates session with her trainer. Watch the video here.
- Priyanka Chopra experienced mixed feelings as she got the first copy of her upcoming memoir, Unfinished. She shared a video on Instagram, documenting her reaction.
- Actor Salman Khan's niece and nephew, Ayat and Ahil, visited the set of his new film, Antim: The Final Truth, and posed for pictures with their father, Aayush Sharma. See the pictures here.
- Twitter has offered reasons behind the restrictions that were made to Kangana Ranaut's account for a brief time.
- Kangana Ranaut went back on an earlier tweet in which she claimed that she isn't interested in seeing anyone's leaked messages or emails when she was questioned about her comments on Deepika Padukone and Rhea Chakraborty's leaked WhatsApp chats.
- Preity Zinta shared a sneak peek from her road trip with husband Gene Goodenough. She posted a loved-up snap of him carrying her in his arms.
- Kangana Ranaut finally reacted to Arnab Goswami's leaked WhatsApp chat, in which he claimed that she is ‘sexually possessed with’ Hrithik Roshan.
- Vikas Khanna revealed that he was asked to pay money in exchange for favourable reviews of his directorial debut, The Last Color. He said that he will never forget it.