Ananya Panday to star opposite Vijay Deverakonda in his Hindi debut film: report
The film, reportedly, went on floors in January, mixed martial arts-heavy action film, will be directed by Puri Jaganadh. Quoting a source, the report said that the makers wanted a young face. “Ananya is eager to work with Vijay and is expected to start shooting mid-March or in the first week of April.”
This is the third film that Ananya is doing with Karan Johar. After making her debut in Student of the Year 2, she also bagged a Shakun Batra directorial that will also feature Deepika Padukone and Siddhant Chaturvedi. Ananya is currently shooting for Khaali Peeli, which also stars Ishaan Khatter. The film is also a remake of a Telugu film, Taxiwaala. Incidentally, Taxiwaala also starred Vijay Deverakonda. The young Telugu actor hit national limelight after starring in the controversial Arjun Reddy. The film’s Hindi remake, Kabir Singh starring Shahid Kapoor, was equally controversial.
In early January this year, Ananya had shared a new still from the film, which features Ishaan and her. Sharing it, she had written, “Driving into 2020 #KhaaliPeeli.” The picture showed them inside a taxi (what else!) -- while Ishaan has a relaxed expression on his face and is sporting a khaki-coloured shirt, worn by Mumbai taxi drivers, Ananya has a worried expression on her face. She wears mehendi on her hands. In August last year, another still from the film was unveiled which showed Ananya and Ishaan posing by a taxi.
Vijay Deverakonda, who saw the launch of his upcoming Telugu film World Famous Lover, reportedly said the said film would be his last love story. He said, “I’m aware there would be a lot of excitement among everyone about my film. We’ve invested lot of efforts in World Famous Lover. But I would like to maintain a low profile about this project. World Famous Lover will be my last love story. I can see myself changing and I am entering a new phase in my career.”
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Pooja Bhatt has said that she took a step back from acting because she had no desire to play 'arm candy' to heroes.
- Arjun Kapoor and Anshula Kapoor have shared special birthday posts for their half-sister, Janhvi Kapoor. Read their messages here.
- Fans clamoured for any new detail about Kareena Kapoor's new baby, after she posted a year-in-recap post on Instagram.
- Actor Janhvi Kapoor, who turned 24 on Saturday, has spoken about the most valuable life lessons she learned from her parents, Boney Kapoor and Sridevi.
- Ranveer Singh took to Instagram and shared an old picture featuring Rohan Shrestha on the photographer's birthday. The photo was taken when they were 14.
- "I will not make the statement you want me to, take my smile instead," said Gul Panag, refusing to comment on statements made by several celebrities about the farmers' protest, in a video being widely shared online.
- Actor Kangana Ranaut has said that she hasn't taken a single holiday in 2021, and has worked through her periods.
- Actors Swara Bhasker, Richa Chadha, Tisca Chopra, Satyadeep Misra, Rajshri Deshpande and others took to social media to voice their support for Taapsee Pannu and Anurag Kashyap.
- Janhvi Kapoor had once revealed how her mother did not want her to join films. Sridevi felt her older daughter would not be able to survive in the industry.
- New behind-the-scenes photos from the sets of an advertisment capture Ranbir Kapoor's transformation into an old man.
- Actor Rhea Chakraborty's lawyer Satish Maneshinde has called the 12000-page charge sheet filed by the Narcotics Control Bureau in the Sushant Singh Rajput's death case a 'damp squib'.
- Gauahar Khan has shared a video of her father, recalling the 'most favourite memory' of her life. The actor's father died on Friday.
- Actor and politician Nafisa Ali has shared some glorious pictures from her youth. Needless to say, she looks beautiful in them. Check them out here.