Anurag Kashyap is auctioning off his Filmfare award for Gangs of Wasseypur to raise funds coronavirus test kits
Filmmaker Anurag Kashyap has decided to put his Filmfare trophy on auction to raise money for coronavirus test kits. His film Gangs of Wasseypur won the critics’ choice award for best film in 2013.
Responding to comedian Kunal Kamra’s call for artists to support the cause, Anurag made the announcement in a tweet. “Highest bidder gets the original trophy for the Filmfare critics award best film 2013. Gangs of Wasseypur,” he wrote in his tweet.
Kunal’s original tweet read, “While each ruppee counts I appreciate the hell out of Comrade @anuragkashyap72 who is giving away his 2013 gangs of Wasseypur critics award to the highest donor of this charity with my YouTube button.”
Kunal added that he was auctioning off his YouTube Button for the cause. Writer Varun Grover said he will put his award for Moh Moh Ke Dhaage from Dum Laga Ke Haisha up for auction. “Adding the TOIFA trophy I won for ‘Moh Moh Ke Dhaage’ (DLKH, 2015) for charity auction to raise funds for Covid test kits. Putting it up on ebay in 2050 was my retirement fund plan but i believe now is a better time to use it to secure India’s future,” he wrote.
Kunal gave details about the campaign in a tweet. “We need more RT-PCR kits. This is the fastest confirmatory test kit in India. Mylab is an Indian company making it at 0 profit. I’ve adopted a kit which costs Rs 1,34,000/- for my home city Mumbai. You can do the same, I’m giving my YouTube button away to highest donor, I urge all artists to give away their prized possessions towards charity in such difficult times. While every penny counts the highest donor will get the button. Email your donation screenshots to email@example.com,” he wrote.
Proceeds from the auction will transferred directly from Milaap Foundation to Mylab Discovery Solutions, which will help Burda Media India secure the testing kits that will be donated to hospitals and labs.
A description about the campaign on Milaap’s website read: ”The cost of each testing kit is Rs 1.2Lacs + GST and each testing kit has the capacity to test 100 samples. We aim to donate ten testing kits, which will help ,1000 people get tested for Covid-19, free of cost.”
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Priyanka Chopra has said that she regrets endorsing fairness creams in India, but as a child she believed that dark skin wasn't pretty and would put talcum powder on her face.
- Pictures from Varun Dhawan and Natasha Dalal's sangeet function have been shared online by Zoa Morani. Check them out here.
- New pictures from Varun Dhawan and Natasha Dalal's mehendi ceremony have arrived online. Check them out here.
Akshay Oberoi: We lucked out as there were no Salman Khan, Akshay Kumar sort of big films releasing in 2020
Republic Day special | John Abraham: Honesty in playing a person who cares for his country comes naturally to me
- Varun Dhawan's wife, Natasha Dalal, got her wedding makeup done in 35 minutes, artist Namrata Soni has said.
- On the second anniversary of Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi, Kangana Ranaut has accused the movie 'mafia' of launching negative campaigns against her and the film.
- Remo D'Souza has shared a video of himself, dancing with his doctors, after recovering from a heart attack recently.
- Varun Dhawan's Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania and Badrinath Ki Dulhania director, Shashank Khaitan, has some advice for the actor's wife, Natasha Dalal.
- Late actor Irrfan Khan's son, Babil, has said that he has no interest in doing films that make ₹100 crore but have no artistic value.