Bollywood actor Sanjay Dutt applies for parole once again
Actor Sanjay Dutt has once again sought for a 30-day parole.Updated: Jun 16, 2015 20:52 IST
Actor Sanjay Dutt has once again sought for a 30-day parole. The actor moved is application before divisional commissioner Vikas Deshmukh in Pune. “Sanjay Dutt has filed for a parole. A decision to grant parole will be taken only after reasons for his application are considered and requisite clearances are made available from Mumbai police,” said an police officer requesting anonymity
Dutt was released from the Yerawada jail in Pune on December 24, 2014 as he wanted to bring in the New Year with his family. He had sought for an extension to his furlough which was later denied by prison authorities. But in cases of parole the circumstances are stricter as compared to furlough and the prisoner has to prove that someone in his family is unwell and depends on the prisoner for his well-being. The report of the hospital and the police is sought by the commissioner before parole is granted, said police sources.
Actor has been serving five year sentence in Yerawada central prison in Pune for illegal possession and destruction of an AK-56 rifle in 1993 serial blasts case. Dutt is serving 42 months of his sentence that started in May 2013.
However, his sentence so far has been dotted with repeated furlough and parole: In October 2013, Dutt was granted furlough. This was extended by 14 days. Then, in December 2013, he was granted parole for 30 days, which again was extended twice. The actor’s sister had stood as guarantor and deposited Rs15,000 as surety.
Since his sentence began, the actor has been out of jail for 146 days.
Read:Sanjay Dutt to play the baddie in Shuddhi?
First Published: Jun 16, 2015 13:38 IST