Deepika Padukone, Ananya Panday, Siddhanth Chaturvedi spotted at Karan Johar’s office. See pics
While Deepika can be seen sporting dark glasses, Ananya can be seen smiling to the waiting paparazzi. According to a report in Filmfare, the trio were at Karan’s place as prep for their upcoming film, to be directed by Shakun Batra. Deepika has reported been visiting Karan’s residence for the last two days for line readings, it added.
In mid December last year, it was confirmed that the three actors will work together in Shakun Batra’s directorial, which will be co-produced by Karan Johar and Apoorva Mehta. The film is expected to begin shoot in Jan 2020 and is set for the Valentine’s Day release next year. The film’s title is yet to be revealed.
Deepika, meanwhile, recently announced that she would act in the official Hindi remake of The Intern, along with Rishi Kapoor. The original starred Anne Hathaway and Robert De Niro. Her last release was Chhapaak, a Meghna Gulzar directorial, also produced by Deepika. It was inspired by the real-life story of Laxmi Agarwal of Delhi who is an acid attack survivor.
Ananya, who made her Bollywood debut last year with Karan’s successful home production, Student of the Year 2, starred in another hit, Pati Patni Aur Woh later that year. She will now be seen in Khaali Peeli, alongwith Ishaan Khatter. The film, which is being co-produced by Zee Studios, Ali Abbas Zafar and Himanshu Mehra, will be directed by Maqbool Khan.
Siddhanth, meanwhile, has also signed for the sequel of Bunty Aur Babli. The actor was recently in news when his reply to Ananya’s statement on nepotism and struggle went viral. Appearing on Rajeev Masand’s Actor’s Roundtable earlier this month, Ananya had explained her understanding of struggle, stating how her dad had never appeared on an episode of Koffee With Karan. “I have always wanted to be an actor. Just because my dad has been an actor, I will never say no to an opportunity to act. My dad has never been in a Dharma film, he never went on Koffee With Karan. So it’s not as easy as people say. Everyone has their own journey and their own struggle,” she had said.
Sidhanth had added his bit by saying how “the difference is ‘jahaan humare sapne poore hote hain, wahi inka struggle shuru hota hai (their struggle begins where our dreams are fulfilled)”. The internet had a laugh-out-loud moment. In no time, Twitter was full of Ananya Panday memes.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Ahead of the release of Roohi, Janhvi Kapoor talked about why she did not use her mother Sridevi's ChaalBaaz as a reference point, facing criticism from a young age and her upcoming projects.
- Videos of Shraddha Kapoor dancing at her cousin Priyaank Sharma's wedding in the Maldives are going viral on the internet.
- Alia Bhatt was seen in a bridal avatar in her new advertisement. Fans loved it and wished to see her get married in real life too. She is in a relationship with Ranbir Kapoor.
- Anil Kapoor joked that Jackie Shroff has threatened to slap him multiple times unless he confirms a film together. The two have starred in 12 films together, till date.
- Mika Singh talked about marriage on Indian Pro Music League. He said that he is the ‘only forever bachelor’ after Salman Khan and wishes to keep his tag for some time.
- Anushka Sharma and Virat Kohli met in a rather unconventional manner, during an ad shoot. While she was confident, he was a 'jittery and nervous'. Read the rest of the story here.
- Sharing how meeting a girl at an education programme led her to discover her bisexuality, Shonali Bose says, 'I hope, the youth today doesn’t have that shame'.