From Parineeta to SKSE: five shades of Vidya Balan, the wife on screen
It's not the first time Vidya Balan is facing Shaadi Ke Side Effects on silver screen. Before playing a nagging wife Trisha in Saket Chaudhary's upcoming film, Vidya Balan has portrayed the role of a married woman several times in the past, albeit with a fresh twist every time.
1. The committed Parineeta: The first time Vidya tied the knot on screen was for Parineeta. After a whirlwind romance, Lolita and Shekhar get married. Here's a catch - there were no pheras. And guess what, it was a secret wedding!
2. A wife who forgets her hubby: In Salaam-e-Ishq, she plays a Muslim girl (Tehzeeb Hussain) and John Abraham (Ashutosh Raina) plays a Hindu. They fall in love and enter matrimony despite opposition from their families. Then the unexpected happens -- Tehzeeb loses her memory in an accident and can't recognise her husband. Oops!
Our take: Her chemistry with John was simply amazing!
3. A wife stuck in her mind's Bhool Bhulaiyya: Siddharth takes his beloved wife Avani to his ancestral palace. She's not scared by ghosts, she claims and enters the prohibied area of the mahal. Avani then becomes Manjulika, the ghost. Or is it all in her head?
Our take: It's better to have a wife who forgets, than a wife who's scary!
4. A wife out on revenge: Vidya Bagchi is a London-based software programmer who's heavily pregnant and in search of her missing husband. In the end, when she does meet her 'husband', she kills him. Wonder why? Watch Kahaani.Vidya rocked as a wife and as a killer.
5. A loud Punjabi wife: In Ghanchakkar, she plays Neetu who's loud, has a weird fashion sense and is a bad cook. Emraan-Vidya play a pair, who're certainly not made for each other.
Our take: We think Vidya's choice of this film was absurd.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Anushka Sharma shared a post on mothers on the occasion of International Women's Day. She said that 'strong' and 'resilient ones' need to be celebrated.
- Kishwer Merchant dropped a comment on a video of Kangana Ranaut at the airport, asking, "How is this woman never in a mask?'
- Esha Deol revealed that while her mother Hema Malini did not cry at her 'bidaai', she could not hold back her emotions afterwards.
- Lisa Haydon, who is currently expecting her third child with husband Dino Lalvani, shared a special post featuring her 'very little woman' on International Women's Day.
- Aamir Khan and Elli AvrRam burn up the dance floor in the first teaser for their song, Har Funn Maula. Watch it here.
- Actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui's brother Shamas has reacted to news of that Nawaz and his wife, Aaliya, are willing to reconcile. Aaliya had accused Shamas of physical abuse.
- Kriti Sanon slipped and almost fell before a posing session for the paparazzi on Monday. Watch the video here.
- Janhvi Kapoor was spotted at the Mumbai airport over the weekend. During her exit from the airport, her staff member stopped a fan from taking a picture with the actor. Janhvi tackled the situation calmly.
- Boney Kapoor said that he was fortunate to have 'some of the strongest women in the world' in his life -- late wife Sridevi, and daughters Janhvi Kapoor, Khushi Kapoor and Anshula Kapoor.
- Despite cancelling divorce proceedings, Nawazuddin Siddiqui's wife, Aaliya, has said that they aren't yet living with each other.
- Shilpa Shetty's husband Raj Kundra shared a funny and cute video of the two of them to celebrate his wife and an 'amazing role model'.