Gauahar Khan on turning down web offers: I won’t do bold scenes for the heck of it or just to be a part of the show
Much like others hailing the OTT boom, Gauahar Khan also has nice things to say about how the web has been “creating more work opportunities for creative minds”.
The actor dove into the digital space in 2019 with the web series The Office that garnered positive response. While she will be seen in the web series Tandav next, the actor hasn’t been taking up much work on the space. The reason being most of the offers she got required her to do bold scenes on screen.
“And I am clear that I won’t do such scenes for the heck of it. My job as an actor is to deliver and do justice to the character I am portraying. But yes, I do have my lines drawn, especially when it comes to the kind of content I want to associate with. I’ll not be crossing the line just for the need of wanting to be a part of the show,” she emphasises.
Shedding light on the kind of roles she was offered in the last one and a half years and why she turned them down, Khan says she somehow couldn’t connect with them instantly.
“All those roles that came to me, I felt they weren’t something which I could deliver to with all my heart. So, I had to say no to them, irrespective of how big the project was. As an artiste, I know I am supposed to deliver to the audience with complete conviction, but then there are certain things like being explicit or too bold on screen, which I am not at all comfortable doing. Hence, I have made my choice accordingly,” maintains Khan.
The actor, who has been a part of films such as Rocket Singh: Salesman of the Year (2009), Game (2011) and Ishaqzaade (2012) and Begum Jaan (2017), further adds, “I believe there are ways to aesthetically show things, and that’s all I can do as an actor.”
However, she is not completely shunning the idea of working on the web. “There’s a lot more than just bold stuff that happens on the web and I am keen on exploring that. And I am more than ready to wait until a good role comes my way,” Khan concludes.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Author tweets @Shreya_MJ
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Speaking at a comedy show, Farah Khan says her friends often 'put her to work' as soon as she enters parties, asking her to render a few dance steps.
- Richa Chadha has said that she has found an equal partner in boyfriend Ali Fazal who cooks well, works out with her and is progressive.
- Anurag Kashyap's daughter Aaliyah received support from her Insta-fam after she wrote about receiving hate comments for a recent post, in which she shared pictures of herself in lingerie.
Pranutan: What can I do if people want to believe in masala stories about nepotism, and not the truth
Anil Kapoor: Earlier it was like test match, today it’s IPL, the field is exciting for everyone in showbiz
- Janhvi Kapoor, who will be seen next in Roohi, said that viewers are not 'obligated' to love her and the onus is on her to give them a reason to. She added that she is working hard to win everyone over.
- Priyanka Chopra and her pet dog Diana are soaking up the sun in London, where the actor is shooting for the Amazon series Citadel, in which she plays a spy.
- Ranbir Kapoor and Alia Bhatt were clicked at an ad shoot with director Gauri Shinde. Check out some behind-the-scenes photos from the shoot here.
- Salman Khan said he feels 'awkward' and 'embarrassed' but at the same time, 'delighted' and 'honoured', to have his painting displayed alongside legends at an art show.
- Dr. Shriram Nene prepared a homemade pizza for Madhuri Dixit. As he shared a picture of it on Instagram, many of their fans showered compliments.
- Sara Ali Khan took to Instagram and revealed that she and her mother Amrita Singh visited Ajmer Sharif Dargah on Friday.