I admire Kangana for standing up for herself: Vidya Balan
Vidya Balan says she has the “greatest” admiration for Kangana Ranaut for standing up for herself in her ongoing feud with Hrithik Roshan. The two actors have been at loggerheads since the Queen star called Hrithik her ‘silly ex’. “I really think it is none of my business to be judging anyone but I have the greatest admiration for Kangana because she is standing up for herself,” said Vidya.
“I think that is very creditable because as women we find it very easy to stand up for other people, our family members, children, husbands, parents but we rarely stand up for ourselves. She (Kangana) is standing up for herself, so kudos to her and more power to her for that,” Balan added.
Vidya was speaking at the trailer launch of her upcoming film Te3n. Megastar Amitabh Bachchan was also present at the event.
When asked what he feels about the Tanu Weds Manu actor, who sat beside him during the national award ceremony recently, the 73-year-old Piku star was more cautious in his reply. “Can’t decide the behaviour of a person, or what he or she is going through, by sitting beside them... But I appreciate that women are empowered, they stand on their feet. We’ve always believed that women should have their own strength. Fifty per cent of the nations population, so there should be as many women and that much strength should be there. They should have importance in society and we have always believed that.”
From her ex Adhyan Suman calling her “psychopath” to people on social media trending “Characterless Kangana”, the Queen star has been mocked, derided by various sections as she has been fighting the case with the superstar.
The 29-year-old actor, however, has hit back at her critics saying no amount of slamming will bog her down and she doesn’t care about being called “psychopath or a witch.”
The feud between Hrithik and his Krrish 3 co-star turned nasty after they slapped legal notices on each other.
Watch: Vidya, Amitabh in Te3N trailer
Hrithik, who was the first to send the legal notice, has demanded that she apologise in a press conference and clear the air about their alleged affair which he firmly refutes.
A defiant Kangana had said she was not a “dim-witted” teenager and refused to apologise. She instead shot off a counter-notice to Hrithik warning him to take back his notice or face a criminal case.
Follow @htshowbiz for more.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Kangana Ranaut, who deleted a controversial tweet against Tandav, defended it from allegations of inciting violence.
- Actor Shabana Azmi has shared a picture of herself, smiling from ear-to-ear, on the one-year anniversary of a near-fatal car crash.
- Remo D'Souza, who recently had a health scare, was spotted out and about town with friend Aamir Ali. Watch a video here.
- Citing the examples of Deepika Padukone, Kangana Rananut and Alia Bhatt, Taapsee Pannu has said that it is 'tedious' to find male stars to do female-led films.
- Mira Rapjut has shared new photos and videos from her Goa vacation with husband, actor Shahid Kapoor. Check them out here.
- Kangana Ranaut shared a video of Jiah Khan's sister levelling serious allegations of sexual harassment against Sajid Khan. She suggested that he has the 'full support' of the 'mafia' in the film industry.
- Actor Minissha Lamba has said that there is no longer any stigma attached to separation, and if a relationship isn't working, it is advisable to part ways amicably.
- Shah Rukh Khan jokingly took offence as the official Twitter handle of Kolkata Knight Riders declared Juhi Chawla’s husband Jay Mehta as the 'most affable gentleman'.
- Actor Sonam Kapoor has shared a new image from the Glasgow sets of her upcoming film, Blind. Her dad, Anil Kapoor, left a comment on her post.