Jaaved Jaaferi tweets Salman Khan donated Rs 12 cr for Kerala flood victims, deletes it later
Actor Jaaved Jaaferi tweeted about Salman Khan donating Rs 12 crore as his contribution for the relief and rehabilitation of those affected by Kerala floods, only to delete it later. While Jaaved’s original tweet said he had “Heard @BeingSalmanKhan donated Rs 12cr for Kerala.. this man is something else. Kitnon ki duaein leke chal rahi hain isey. God Bless you bro. Love and #Respect,” his later tweet said that he is waiting to confirm the information.
“I had tweeted that I had ‘heard’ about @BeingSalmanKhan ‘s bcontribution. Because it was a very strong possibility given his track record, I put forward my thoughts and admiration,” he tweeted. Salman has not commented on this.
Celebs from across the Indian film industries have participated in Kerala relief efforts. Actor Sushant Singh Rajput donated Rs 1 crore on a fan’s behalf while Gold star Kunal Kapoor gave Rs 1.2 crore to the cause.
Others who have contributed include Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan, Kangana Ranaut, Sunny Leone, Anushka Sharma, Rajinikanth, Thalapathy Vijay, Ram Charan and many more. Randeep Hooda was seen in Kerala as part of Khalsa Aid initiative.
Khalsa Aid posted a photograph of the actor cooking with them to feed the affected people. “Bollywood actor Randeep Hooda joins the Khalsa Aid team in Kerala! It’s great to see celebrities on the ground and not just simply commenting on social media,” read an Instagram post by the organisation.
On his part, the actor said he felt blessed to be a part of the team of volunteers helping in the relief work. “Every little step counts,” he added.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Parineeti Chopra, on being asked about a time in her life she would like to forget, said that she would like to erase her college days as she was 'hugely overweight' at the time.
- Tanishaa Mukherji wished her sister Kajol and brother-in-law Ajay Devgn on their 2nd wedding anniversary.
- Kangana Ranaut announced the release date of her upcoming Jayalalithaa biopic, Thalaivi, with a short teaser. The film, directed by AL Vijay, will release on April 23.
- Priyanka Chopra Jonas reacted to a social media user criticised her now-viral ball-shaped outfit. Earlier, Priyanka shared a bunch of memes inspired by her dress.
Birthday girl Sanya Malhotra: In my fifth year in Bollywood, it’s surreal, can’t believe I am living my dream
- Ayushmann Khurrana made sure to interact with his fans in Shillong by promptly coming down to meet them after they gathered at his Shillong hotel. Watch here
- After the death of singer Sardool Sikander on Wednesday, comedian Kapil Sharma shared a video from his daughter Anayra's first Lohri, when Sardool gave his blessings to the baby.
- The teaser of Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Gangubai Kathiawadi, starring Alia Bhatt in the titular role, was released on Wednesday. Watch it here.
- Alia Bhatt shared a new poster of her upcoming movie Gangubai Kathiawadi. The poster received love from many Bollywood stars including Ranveer Singh , Katrina Kaif and Varun Dhawan.
- Actor Nora Fatehi in an emotional interview recalled the difficulties that she faced as a struggler in Bollywood.