Mukesh Khanna confirms Shaktimaan film trilogy, says it will be ‘bigger’ than Krrish and Ra.One
Mukesh Khanna, best remembered for playing Shaktimaan in the popular TV series of the same name, confirmed that the superhero is getting a film franchise of his own. In an Instagram post, he wrote that he has signed a three-film deal with a major production house and will soon share more details.
“Ab baat Duniya ko batane layak ho gai hai ki Shaktimaan Dobara avtarit ho raha hai. Ji haan Shaktimaan ke Doston , Ab Officially ye bata raha hoon ki Main Shaktimaan 2 le kar aa raha hoon. Wo bhi TV channel ya OTT par naheen, balki Trilogy, 3 Films ke roop me Bade parde par (It is now time to tell the world that Shaktimaan is landing. Yes, friends of Shaktimaan, I am officially confirming that I am bringing Shaktimaan 2. It will not be a television show or web series but a film trilogy which will release on the big screen),” he wrote.
According to Mukesh, the Shaktimaan trilogy will be bigger than the Krrish films and Ra.One. “Details dheere dheere hum disclose karenge. Filhaal itna bata sakta hoon Ek bahut bade Production House ke saath maine haath milaya hai is Himalayan task ko Anjaam dene ke liye. Kah sakta hoon, jo kuch Banega Wo Krish Ravan se bada hoga. Aur ye Shaktimaan ke liye jayez bhi hai (We will disclose the details in time. Right now, all I can say is that I have joined hands with a very big production house for this Himalayan task. I can say that whatever we make will be bigger than Krrish and Ra.One, and that is befitting for Shaktimaan as well),” he wrote.
Shaktimaan aired on DD 1 from 1997 to 2005. The show inspired a number of spin-offs. Shaktimaan: The Animated Series was launched in 2011, followed by a telefilm titled Hamara Hero Shaktimaan in 2013, featuring Mukesh as Shaktimaan and Uday Sachdeva as Junior Shaktimaan. A 3D animated series on Shaktimaan was also announced.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Anushka Sharma shared a post on mothers on the occasion of International Women's Day. She said that 'strong' and 'resilient ones' need to be celebrated.
- Kishwer Merchant dropped a comment on a video of Kangana Ranaut at the airport, asking, "How is this woman never in a mask?'
- Esha Deol revealed that while her mother Hema Malini did not cry at her 'bidaai', she could not hold back her emotions afterwards.
- Lisa Haydon, who is currently expecting her third child with husband Dino Lalvani, shared a special post featuring her 'very little woman' on International Women's Day.
- Aamir Khan and Elli AvrRam burn up the dance floor in the first teaser for their song, Har Funn Maula. Watch it here.
- Actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui's brother Shamas has reacted to news of that Nawaz and his wife, Aaliya, are willing to reconcile. Aaliya had accused Shamas of physical abuse.
- Kriti Sanon slipped and almost fell before a posing session for the paparazzi on Monday. Watch the video here.
- Janhvi Kapoor was spotted at the Mumbai airport over the weekend. During her exit from the airport, her staff member stopped a fan from taking a picture with the actor. Janhvi tackled the situation calmly.
- Boney Kapoor said that he was fortunate to have 'some of the strongest women in the world' in his life -- late wife Sridevi, and daughters Janhvi Kapoor, Khushi Kapoor and Anshula Kapoor.
- Despite cancelling divorce proceedings, Nawazuddin Siddiqui's wife, Aaliya, has said that they aren't yet living with each other.
- Shilpa Shetty's husband Raj Kundra shared a funny and cute video of the two of them to celebrate his wife and an 'amazing role model'.