Neha Kakkar left in tears after Rohanpreet Singh’s romantic speech: ‘She wrote my destiny’
Singer couple Neha Kakkar and Rohanpreet Singh made a joint appearance on Indian Idol 12, where they regaled the audience with their love story. Neha and Rohanpreet tied the knot at the end of 2020, after a whirlwind romance. “He Made me Cry,” Neha wrote in her post.
In a promo video shared by her on Instagram, Rohanpreet recalls seeing her for the first time. “I was tying my turban in Chandigarh, when I got a call from her management,” he began, in Hindi. “They asked if I wanted to participate as a co-artiste in her new song. I said ‘do you have to ask!’”
Rohanpreet continued, “I remember entering the room and Nehu was sitting there, and she turned around to see me. That was the moment that changed my life.” Judges Vishal Dadlani and Himesh Reshammiya listened on, smiling at the story, as the couple couldn’t resist indulging in some PDA.
He said that Neha has a positive effect on the people around her. “I tell her that she’s God’s favourite child. She wrote that song (Nehu Ka Vyah), but she also wrote my destiny. My family always used to ask if I’d ever appear on a platform such as this, and look at me now mom, because of Nehu, I’m finally here.” At this, Himesh gave them a standing ovation, and Neha teared up.
Neha realised that Rohanpreet was ‘the one’ not long after their first meeting. She was drawn to his good looks and polite behaviour. She had told designer Anita Dongre, “My first impression of him was that he was so good to each and every person on the set. And undeniably, he was the cutest boy I had ever come across. The attraction was strong. I think it was really in those initial moments itself that I knew he was the one for me.”
Neha and Rohanpreet’s wedding festivities were spread across Mumbai, Delhi and Chandigarh over several days. Their roka ceremony took place on September 21 in Mumbai, exactly a month before their single Nehu Da Vyah was released. The wedding celebrations in Delhi kicked off with haldi and mehendi ceremonies as well as a sangeet night on October 23. The following day, they got married in an Anand Karaj ceremony at a gurdwara in the morning. In the evening, they tied the knot according to Hindu rituals.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui's wife Aaliya has said that she is willing to restart life with the actor after seeing his caring side for the last few days.
- Ahead of the release of Roohi, Janhvi Kapoor talked about why she did not use her mother Sridevi's ChaalBaaz as a reference point, facing criticism from a young age and her upcoming projects.
- Videos of Shraddha Kapoor dancing at her cousin Priyaank Sharma's wedding in the Maldives are going viral on the internet.
- Alia Bhatt was seen in a bridal avatar in her new advertisement. Fans loved it and wished to see her get married in real life too. She is in a relationship with Ranbir Kapoor.
- Anil Kapoor joked that Jackie Shroff has threatened to slap him multiple times unless he confirms a film together. The two have starred in 12 films together, till date.
- Mika Singh talked about marriage on Indian Pro Music League. He said that he is the ‘only forever bachelor’ after Salman Khan and wishes to keep his tag for some time.
- Anushka Sharma and Virat Kohli met in a rather unconventional manner, during an ad shoot. While she was confident, he was a 'jittery and nervous'. Read the rest of the story here.