Sushant Singh Rajput’s niece Mallika Singh posts picture with actor on his five-month death anniversary
Saturday marks the five-month death anniversary of Bollywood star Sushant Singh Rajput. His niece Mallika Singh has posted a heartbreaking picture and a message on the occasion. Sushant was found dead at his Mumbai residence on June 14.
She shared a lovely picture of Sushant holding her in a tight, warm grip as both smile at the camera. Posting the image on her Instagram Stories, Mallika wrote, “God has you in his keeping, I have you in my heart. 5 Months.”
Sushant’s death and the probe into it has been mired in controversies. In August, Malika had given a hard-hitting reply to the trolls who criticised Sushant’s sister Meetu Singh for not showing remorse over the death of the actor. She took to the comments section of Meetu’s post for Sushant and wrote, “Any unfair fingers pointed to my masi is an unfair finger pointed to my grandparents’ upbringing. The siblings had a profound bond. They loved each other and I have witnessed it growing up. All my mamu’s older sisters pampered him after nani ma left us, and my Meetu masi has been the strongest. Stop this campaign against the family, please. We’re fighting for with all emotional strength.”
Upon his death, Mallika had posted a childhood picture of herself with him and wrote, “I love you so, so much, my Gulshan mama. I will miss you immensely.”
Meanwhile, Sushant’s sister Shweta Singh Kirti has also shared fan posts on her Instagram, remembering the actor.
Sushant’s death was ruled a suicide by an All India Institute Of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) panel. Dr Sudhir Gupta, who was leading the panel, told ANI, “There were no injuries over the body other than hanging. There were no marks of struggle/scuffle in the body and clothes of the deceased.”
Vikas Singh, the lawyer representing Sushant’s father KK Singh, dismissed the AIIMS report and sought the formation of a fresh forensic team. Meanwhile, the CBI said in a statement in September that it is investigating all angles and ‘no aspect has been ruled out as of date’.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Parineeti Chopra reminisced about many of her firsts in a new video for Netflix India. Watch it here.
- Bipasha Basu and her husband, Karan Singh Grover, have been keeping their fans updated with their adventures in the Maldives. See their pictures here.
- Milind Soman and his wife, Ankita Konwar, took to Instagram on Saturday to celebrate seven years of their relationship. See the pictures here.
- Actor Priyanka Chopra on Saturday passed on her best wishes to the current Miss India contestants, and reminisced about winning the crown two decades ago.
- Ranvir Shorey was asked by a fan if his leg fracture was caused by too much happy dancing after recovering from Covid-19. See his reply here.
- Shilpa Shetty, who is currently vacationing in Maldives, shared another stunning picture of herself. See it here.
- Kartik Aaryan has recreated a Game of Thrones scene in Manali, originally featuring Kit Harrington as Jon Snow.
- Alia Bhatt shared a number of fan-made videos, where they have recreated some scenes and dialogues from the teaser of Gangubai Kathiawadi.