‘Nation comes first’: Indian filmmakers’ body bans Pak actors after Uri attack | Bollywood - Hindustan Times
close_game
close_game

‘Nation comes first’: Indian filmmakers’ body bans Pak actors after Uri attack

ByPTI, Mumbai
Sep 29, 2016 11:43 PM IST

The Indian Motion Picture Producers Association passed a resolution on Thursday to ban Pakistani actors from the industry in the wake of the Uri terror attack.

The Indian Motion Picture Producers’ Association (IMPPA) passed a resolution on Thursday to ban Pakistani actors from the industry in the wake of the Uri terror attack.

Producer Ashoke Pandit, a member of the IMPPA, said the film body felt a responsibility towards the nation and passed a resolution to ban Pakistani actors and technicians in India.(HT File Photo)
Producer Ashoke Pandit, a member of the IMPPA, said the film body felt a responsibility towards the nation and passed a resolution to ban Pakistani actors and technicians in India.(HT File Photo)

“(The) IMPPA in their 87th annual general meeting passed (a resolution that) no Pakistani will be hired by their producer members forever,” producer TP Aggarwal, the president of IMPPA, told PTI.

Discover the thrill of cricket like never before, exclusively on HT. Explore now!

The resolution came on a day the Indian Army announced that seven terror launch pads were targeted across the LoC by special forces during an overnight surgical strike in which heli-borne and ground forces were used.

Producer Ashoke Pandit, a member of the IMPPA, said, “IMPPA paid homage to the martyrs who were killed in Uri. It therefore felt its responsibility towards the nation and passed a resolution banning Pakistani actors and technicians in India till normalcy returns. For IMPPA, nation comes first.”

As many as 18 soldiers were killed in the Uri attack.

Read | Dhoni biopic not banned, says Pakistan’s CBFC chief

The decision came amid demands by various political outfits to ban Pakistani artistes from Indian films and performing here.

Last week, Raj Thackeray-led MNS issued a 48-hour ultimatum to Pakistani artistes and actors including Fawad Khan and Ali Zafar, to leave India by September 25 or else they would be “pushed out”.

Read | Pak comic offers compelling reasons for India, Pakistan to not go to war

Recently the concerts of Pakistani singers Shafqat Amanat Ali and Atif Aslam scheduled in Bengaluru and Gurgaon respectively were also cancelled.

Also, apparently Aggarwal has replaced the popular Pakistani singer Rahat Fateh Ali Khan from his upcoming film “Laali Ki Shaadi Mein Laddoo Deewana”.

Read | Bollywood divided on sending Pakistani actors home

\Celebrating 25 iconic years of HT City! Grab your chance to groove at a jamming session by the legendary band EUPHORIA. Participate Now.
SHARE THIS ARTICLE ON
Share this article
SHARE
Story Saved
Live Score
OPEN APP
Saved Articles
Following
My Reads
Sign out
New Delhi 0C
Thursday, February 15, 2024
Start 14 Days Free Trial Subscribe Now
Follow Us On