Varun Dhawan’s relative tests Covid-19 positive, Aditya Rawal makes acting debut with Bamfaad
Varun Dhawan reveals his relative has tested positive for coronavirus
Actor Varun Dhawan has said that one of his relatives in the US has tested positive for the coronavirus. He made this revelation during a live interaction with his fans and followers on Instagram. “It’s very close to home right now. Until it happens to someone you know, you don’t take it seriously and understand the gravity of it,” he said, urging everyone to stay inside their homes and practice social distancing to control the spread of the deadly virus.
Puneet Issar slams Mukesh Khanna for comments about Sonakshi Sinha
Actor Puneet Issar has called out his Mahabharata co-star Mukesh Khanna over his recent comments about actor Sonakshi Sinha. Mukesh recently took a jibe at Sonakshi for lacking knowledge about Hindu mythological epic, Ramayana.
Speaking to SpotBoye, Puneet said Mukesh should have shown more grace and that the ‘world doesn’t end’ if Sonakshi doesn’t know a fact from the epic. “Khanna shouldn’t have said that. Sonakshi is an AVM student, my kids too went there. If she didn’t know one question of Ramayan in KBC, the world doesn’t end there. Why should one condemn someone so openly? At least I wouldn’t have said what Khanna has said,” he said.
SS Rajamouli reveals why he chose Alia Bhatt for RRRPeriod drama RRR starring Jr NTR and Ram Charan in the lead will also be the Telugu debut of Alia Bhatt and will also see Ajay Devgn in a pivotal role. Talking about signing Alia for the film, SS Rajamouli said, “I need an actress who can stand her ground between Tarak (NTR Jr) and Charan (Ramcharan Teja) both of whom are extremely talented actors. She can be innocent, vulnerable yet be extremely resilient. That is the reason I went for her.”
Hema Malini condemns discrimination against health workers, watch her video message
Actor Hema Malini on Saturday expressed concern over the health workers, who are being treated badly and are restricted to enter their own buildings.
The 71-year-old actor took to Instagram and shared a video where she expressed concern over the situation the health workers are going through. “Friends, I have seen this in various news channels and I am very sad that the health workers are being treated very badly. They are being restricted to enter their own building,” she said.
Bamfaad review: Aditya Rawal and Shalini Pandey’s romance implodes
Aditya Rawal makes a promising debut but Ranjan Chandel’s directorial debut is riddled with clichés of small-town love stories. The Hindustan Times review for the films reads: ‘In his directorial debut, Bamfaad, Ranjan Chandel manages to capture the old-world charm of Allahabad - not Prayagraj, but Ilahabad -- as the locals would say. It is the perfect setting for dramatic young love, but Aditya Rawal and Shalini Pandey’s romance is not quite the explosive and heady passion that it promises to be.’
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Priyanka Chopra and her pet dog Diana are soaking up the sun in London, where the actor is shooting for the Amazon series Citadel, in which she plays a spy.
- Ranbir Kapoor and Alia Bhatt were clicked at an ad shoot with director Gauri Shinde. Check out some behind-the-scenes photos from the shoot here.
- Salman Khan said he feels 'awkward' and 'embarrassed' but at the same time, 'delighted' and 'honoured', to have his painting displayed alongside legends at an art show.
- Dr. Shriram Nene prepared a homemade pizza for Madhuri Dixit. As he shared a picture of it on Instagram, many of their fans showered compliments.
- Sara Ali Khan took to Instagram and revealed that she and her mother Amrita Singh visited Ajmer Sharif Dargah on Friday.
- Parineeti Chopra shared a new song - Matlabi Yariyan - from her upcoming film, The Girl On The Train. The actor has sung the soulful ballad. Watch here.
- Sara Ali Khan and her mother Amrita Singh were seen twinning in green at Mumbai airport on Thursday. See their pictures here.
- Sharmila Tagore had once talked about how Kareena Kapoor had her birthday when Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi was hospitalised but chose not to draw attention towards herself.
- Mumbai Saga trailer has John Abraham and Emraan Hashmi locking horns with Mumbai streets as the arena. Watch the trailer here.
- Pulkit Samrat shared a funny picture of himself and his beauty regimen and credited girlfriend Kriti Kharbanda for it. See her response here.