Vikram Bhatt: Salman Khan is penalised for a comment but what about KRK?
While many celebrities face a lot of flak for their comments and actions, actor-filmmaker Kamaal Rashid Khan (KRK) often gets away in spite of making the most brazen rants on Twitter, points out filmmaker Vikram Bhatt. Bhatt has slapped a defamation case on the Deshdrohi actor, and is determined to make him pay.
KRK began the war by reviewing Bhatt’s film London 1920 and making crude insinuations about actor Meera Chopra and Bhatt, and going as far as to say that Meera had ‘sold herself’ for the release of London 1920. He also called Bhatt some highly unsavoury names. If this wasn’t enough, KRK went ahead and abused Bhatt’s mother as well in his tweets.
Bhatt says, “This isn’t just about me now. This is fighting for a larger picture. Salman Khan makes one comment and the whole world chases him, what about this man? He will perpetuate lies and continue to do so. He’s been making these comments for years, and no one has stopped him. There are apps which hire him for interviews. How is he getting away with all this?”
Bhatt says KRK’s fame comes from defaming people. “He’s made vulgar comments about Bipasha Basu, and Alia Bhatt, and even been disrespectful to senior actors like Rishi Kapoor. I want the National Commission of Women to take some steps against him. Someone has to pull him down, and I’m ready to fight. This time, I hope the law is on my side.”
Here are some of the tweets KRK’s been sharing:
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Kangana Ranaut, who earlier accused Vikas Bahl of inappropriate behaviour, thanked him for turning her career around with Queen. She said that he 'played a very significant role' in shaping her destiny.
- Shahid Kapoor aced the Centre of Gravity challenge, much to the surprise of his wife Mira Rajput, who called him a 'smooth operator'. Watch the video here.
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui's wife Aaliya has reaffirmed her wish to reconcile with the actor in a new interview, adding that she is ready to mend her ties with his brother Shamas.
- Rhea Kapoor dedicated an adorable Instagram post to her boyfriend Karan Boolani. She shared pictures of her showering him with kisses. See his reply here.
- Taimur Ali Khan was photographed in Mumbai on Sunday. The star kid was seen out with his father Saif Ali Khan and half-sister Sara Ali Khan.
- Sara Ali Khan shared two new pictures from brother Ibrahim's birthday party. More pictures were shared by one of Ibrahim's friends.
- Anupam Kher, who turned a year older on Sunday, shared a video from his birthday 'pawri' with his 'best friends'. Watch it here.
- Actor Vidya Balan has recalled feeling worried about how her family would react to The Dirty Picture. She revealed her mother and father's immediate reaction to the film.
- Twinkle Khanna, using an adorable photo of daughter Nitara kissing a puppy, urged everyone to wear their masks correctly instead of using them as 'chin straps'.
- Janhvi Kapoor celebrated her 24th birthday on Saturday, with the team of Good Luck Jerry. See inside pictures and videos from the celebrations here.