Mastizaade, KKHH3 trailers passed to shed ‘sanskari’ image: Nihalani
Reports on Wednesday said information and broadcasting ministry has demanded an explanation from the Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) on how the trailers of Mastizaade and Kyaa Kool Hain Hum 3 were passed.
Responding to the allegations of vulgarity, Pahlaj Nihalani told DNA, “We are in a Catch-22 situation. Karo toh gaali, na karo toh gaali. When we were strict with the vulgarity quotient, we were called prudes. Sanskaari became a gaali. And to endorse obscenity was seen worthy of taali. So, we certified some films with scenes and dialogues that we would otherwise have never passed as they went against our guidelines.”
Directed by Milap Zaveri, Mastizaade is a sex comedy starring Sunny Leone while Ekta Kapoor has come up with the third sequel of her series Kyaa Kool Hain Hum, starring Aftab Shivdasani and Tusshar Kapoor. Mastizaade is slated to hit theatres on January 29 while Kyaa Kool Hain Hum 3 will release on January 22. Interestingly, the trailer of Kyaa Kool Hain NHum 3 was released across 40 porn websites, according to a statement by the producers.
Adding that the board did not pass all the vulgar elements we get to see in the two trailers, the censor board chief said, “The steep level of vulgarity in the trailers was brought to our notice. And we were shocked to see scenes and dialogues that we had censored, being used in the trailer. In fact, the makers of Angry Indian Goddesses put together scenes deleted from the film and posted them online. Do they know it’s a culpable crime?”
Defending his ‘sanskari’ leanings, the CBFC chief further told the website, “Yes, I am a proud soldier of the BJP and I firmly believe Narendra Modiji is the present and future of the country. But I’ve a mind of my own. And I know what is good for the film industry as I’ve been a producer for 40 years. As long as I am the chairperson of the CBFC, I’ll do what my conscience tells me is right. Brickbats have never bothered me. I won’t buckle under pressure from vested interests.”
Hindustan Times could not independently verify the reports.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Ishaan Khatter shared a throwback picture from their childhood to post a 'happy birthday' message for his half-brother, Shahid Kapoor.
- Alia Bhatt did a 'Gangubai Kathiawadi' style namaste to the paparazzi while greeting them during director Sanjay Leela Bhansali's birthday celebrations.
- On Divya Bharti's birth anniversary, here's revisiting an episode from her life when she married producer Sajid Nadiadwala and managed to keep it a secret from her father, who was opposed to the match.
- Shahid Kapoor said that he was with Mira Rajput in the labour room when she was giving birth to their daughter Misha. Mira 'whacked' Shahid when he got dizzy at one point.
- Parineeti Chopra, on being asked about a time in her life she would like to forget, said that she would like to erase her college days as she was 'hugely overweight' at the time.
- Tanishaa Mukherji wished her sister Kajol and brother-in-law Ajay Devgn on their 2nd wedding anniversary.
- Kangana Ranaut announced the release date of her upcoming Jayalalithaa biopic, Thalaivi, with a short teaser. The film, directed by AL Vijay, will release on April 23.
- Priyanka Chopra Jonas reacted to a social media user criticised her now-viral ball-shaped outfit. Earlier, Priyanka shared a bunch of memes inspired by her dress.
Birthday girl Sanya Malhotra: In my fifth year in Bollywood, it’s surreal, can’t believe I am living my dream
- Ayushmann Khurrana made sure to interact with his fans in Shillong by promptly coming down to meet them after they gathered at his Shillong hotel. Watch here
- After the death of singer Sardool Sikander on Wednesday, comedian Kapil Sharma shared a video from his daughter Anayra's first Lohri, when Sardool gave his blessings to the baby.
- The teaser of Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Gangubai Kathiawadi, starring Alia Bhatt in the titular role, was released on Wednesday. Watch it here.