Jio apps overtake WhatsApp, Facebook on Google Play
After taking the competition in India’s telecom space to a new level by offering free voice calls cheap data costs, Reliance Jio apps have now beaten mobile messaging service WhatsApp and social networking website Facebook on Google Play. Of the top 10 apps downloaded from the Google Play store in India, seven are from the Jio family. WhatsApp is placed at third spot and Facebook is at the 12th position.
MyJio app takes the top spot on the store while JioCinema is second , revealed the top charts ranking on Google Play.
JioTV takes the fourth place, JioNet fifth, JioJoin sixth, JioMusic seventh and JioMags bags the 10th place on Google Play. While MyJio has seen 10 million downloads, all other apps have crossed the one million downloads mark.
Eleven of the top 15 downloaded apps and 12 in top 20 belong to the Jio family.
Since its official launch on September 5, Reliance Jio has seen overwhelming response with long queues of customers outside Reliance Digital stores, across the country. With tariff plans around cheap data and free voice calls, RIL has managed to put its rivals on a back foot.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The 15th Finance Commission has recommended that states be given 41 per cent of the divisible tax pool of the Centre during the period 2021-22 to 2025-26, which is at the same level as was recommended by the 14th Finance Commission.
- Here’s a list of some of the tasks which need to be performed by taxpayers before March 31
- In an interaction with members of the Indian Women’s Press Corps (IWPC), Sitharaman said that consumer sentiment about the tax burden on auto fuel was understandable.
- Nearly 1.1 million vaccine doses were administered to people above the age of 60 and those in the 45-59 age group till Thursday.
- Mohapatra said the idea came during Modi’s meeting with Marriott International president and chief executive Arne Sorenson, who complained about the complex regulations in starting and running a hotel in India.
- ICICI Bank’s move comes days after rival lenders such as State Bank of India (SBI), Kotak Mahindra Bank and Housing Development Finance Corp. Ltd cut their home loan rates.
- These votes will have to be disclosed to unit holders under existing regulations. Voting will be at the MF level (rather than scheme level).
- Supply of vehicles from Maruti Suzuki India Ltd—as part of the alliance with Suzuki Motor Corp—has helped Toyota increase its domestic market share in the premium hatchback and entry-level SUV segment, where it was not present before.
- The top three states by GVA were Maharashtra, Gujarat, and Tamil Nadu. They had a share of 41% in the total GVA. Rural India added nearly as much GVA (49%) as urban India (51%).
- Using average consumption shares to calculate the burden of an indirect tax has a problem.