Noida: Fire at high rise due to AC short circuit, no casualty - Hindustan Times
close_game
close_game

Noida: Fire at high rise due to AC short circuit, no casualty

Jun 07, 2024 05:10 AM IST

The Noida fire was partially controlled by residents till firemen could reach, however, it was finally completely doused with fire extinguishers.

Noida: A fire broke out on the 17th floor of a highrise on Wednesday night following a short-circuit in an air conditioner’s (AC) stabilizer in Sector 119, Noida, fire officers said on Thursday. However, it caused no injury or casualty.

A video of the Noida fire incident also went viral on social media platforms, showing a massive fire on the balcony of the highrise taking place. (HT Photo)
A video of the Noida fire incident also went viral on social media platforms, showing a massive fire on the balcony of the highrise taking place. (HT Photo)

The blaze occurred at a rented flat in S 6 Tower of the 19-storey building. It was, however, controlled before it could reach the adjacent room. But the indoor unit of AC and fan melted due to the heat caused by fire, the officer added.

Now catch your favourite game on Crickit. Anytime Anywhere. Find out how

Also Read: Noida air conditioner blast: 12 things you should know about fire safety if you reside in high rises

“On Wednesday, the fire control room was alerted by a resident at around 10pm that a fire broke out at a highrise in Sector 119, which falls under Sector 113 police station,” said Phase 3 fire officer Yogendra Prasad.

“We immediately rushed to the spot. However, the blaze was partially controlled by the house owners and residents till we reached,” he said, adding: “However, with the help of fire extinguishers, the fire was completely doused within 15 to 20 minutes.”

It was found out that around 9.40 pm, a short-circuit occurred in the AC stabilizer fitted in the balcony, Prasad said, adding: “Just as the house owner Suresh (who goes by single name) spotted the smoke outside the window, he came out and found that the stabilizer, washing machine, placed under the stabilizer, and clothes were burning.”

Also Read: Noida: Fire breaks out at high-rise building in sector 100, none injured

A video of the incident also went viral on social media platforms, showing a massive fire on the balcony of the highrise taking place.

According to the fire department data, 125 of the 348 highrise societies have faulty firefighting systems in the Gautam Budh Nagar district. And, 805 fire incidents were reported between this January and April -- 121 (January), 136 (February), 182 (March), and 366 (April).

Also Read: Noida: Fire breaks out at IT firm, none injured

Get World Cup ready with Crickit! From live scores to match stats, catch all the action here. Explore now!

Stay updated with all the Breaking News and Latest News from Mumbai. Click here for comprehensive coverage of top Cities including Bengaluru, Delhi, Hyderabad, and more across India along with Stay informed on the latest happenings in World News.
SHARE THIS ARTICLE ON
Share this article
SHARE
Story Saved
Live Score
OPEN APP
Saved Articles
Following
My Reads
Sign out
New Delhi 0C
Friday, June 21, 2024
Start 14 Days Free Trial Subscribe Now
Follow Us On