‘Rae Bareli accident witness’ claims threat to life: Cops
A man who claims to be a witness to the Rae Bareli accident involving the Unnao rape survivor has filed an FIR (first information report) alleging that a truck tried to run him over, said Unnao superintendent of police MP Verma.
According to FIR , the man said he was travelling in a car in Unnao when a truck driver allegedly swerved and hit his car after he overtook that vehicle.
Despite the car stopping, the truck driver reversed his vehicle and tried to run him over again, he alleged in the FIR.
The truck driver fled the spot.
“The police have begun investigating the case. We are also looking into if the victim is a witness to Rae Bareli accident or not,” said Verma.
According to the police, the man said he was a witness to the Rae Bareli accident on July 28, in which the Unnao rape survivor and her lawyer were critically injured, while her two aunts died.
They were on the way to meet the rape survivor’s uncle who was lodged in a Rae Bareli jail.
Expelled Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) MLA Kuldeep Singh Sengar is accused of raping the woman at his residence in Unnao.
His brother, Atul Singh, had allegedly murdered the woman’s father, and framed him in a fake case.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Bikaner’s superintendent of police, Priti Chandra, rubbished the claims made by the girl’s family.
- A senior official of the West Bengal government said on Saturday that that the state had set a target to vaccinate 20,700 health workers on the first day.
- The elevation comes amidst talk that an aggrieved Roy may join the BJP after a possible meeting with Union home minister Amit Shah in New Delhi.
- Uttarakhand BJP leaders and ministers have been asked to tour their respective districts and areas and interact with party workers and people there.
- The Central Railway introduced 10 AC local trains between CSMT and Kalyan railway stations on the slow railway line corridor. They are operated from Monday to Saturday.
- The DGP said the police had got some important clues after interrogating several persons and is expecting to work the case out, soon. The DGP also said that contract killers were employed to kill Rupesh Kumar.
- The use of EVMs in rural polls in Bihar is going to take place for the first time but many other states, namely Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh and Kerala, have used voting machines for panchayat polls held in the last few years.