As it happened: Will contest polls in Gujarat if people want, says Kejriwal
Delhi chief minister Arvind Kejriwal held an interactive session ‘Talk to AK’ on Sunday where people from across the country asked him questions over phone, by sending text messages and through social media.delhi Updated: Jul 17, 2016 13:47 IST
Delhi chief minister Arvind Kejriwal held an interactive session ‘Talk to AK’ on Sunday where people from across the country asked him questions over phone, by sending text messages and through social media.
Here are the highlights from his session:
- You can only face the public if you are ethical and honest
- Our journey has proved that there is no dearth of money in government, only of intent.
- Our govt is focusing on education, health, power and water. govt schools in the country are in a bad state
- We are the only ones to save money on infrastructure projects. have saved 350 crore
- First thing was to improve toilets in schools, give water and security
- 8,000 classrooms, equivalent to 200 new schools, are ready. 45 completely new schools are ready
- 100 more new schools, with better infrastructure than private schools, are coming up
- We have also taken action against a few erring private schools. We have ordered many to refund fee
- If these things can happen in Delhi, it can also happen in Gujarat, Goa, MP and Punjab
- Don’t mess around with the youth and education of this country or everything will go waste
18%-19% of our total budget is allocated for health
- We created a 3-tier system to provide better healthcare. First among them is mohalla clinics
-The second tier is polyclinic which will include 8 specialists. 22 polyclinics have been created in Delhi.
-The third tier includes multi specialty and super specialty hospitals.
-We reduced electricity rates to half after coming to power
- I’ve asked my MLAs to take on the issue of electricity shortage on a war footing
-We decided to give 20,000 litre water for free. People criticised us, saying Jal Board will collapse. But you’ll be surprised to know that Jal Board’s revenue has increased.
- Delhi is India’s capital but it’s sad to see that there are still many houses in the city where there is no supply of water.
- By Dec 2017, every household in Delhi will get potable water
-Media says Kejriwal fights a lot. I don’t fight for myself, I fight for you. You tell me shouldn’t I fight for farmers?
- I said at interstate council meeting that Swaminathan Report must be implemented
- Compensation of Rs 20,000 per acre should be given as farm produce compensation to farmers
- We sent 14 Bills to the Centre, even after 8 months it has not been passed
- Centre wants to paralyse our government
- If someone is taking bribe in front of me, there is nothing I can do as Centre has taken power
- No one can compete with RSS when it comes to spreading rumours. We only spent Rs 75 crore on advertising last year.
- Everyone in the country wants to know what is happening in Delhi, hence the advertisements in other states
-Appointed 21 Parliamentary Secretaries to monitor work. Don’t pay them anything
- In Punjab, Haryana, Gujarat and MP parliamentary secretaries get a salary. We are not paying a penny to our parl secretaries
-For the first time, there is a government which has adopted zero-tolerance towards corruption.
-Want to pay our MLAs enough. Salary of an MLA is Rs 12,000, which is not enough
- Aam Aadmi Party is the party of the youth. Want to ask youth to participate in politics on a large scale
- We are also thinking of doing an opinion poll on full statehood for Delhi
-There is an atmosphere of oppression in Gujarat. People are being imprisioned and threatened
- We will think about implementing odd-even again in winters
-There are 31 CMs in our country. But offices of how many of them have been raided? Just one- Kejriwal.
-The Centre wants to break us. No FIR against Robert Vadra or Sonia Gandhi but against us,
- They are not sacred of me, they are scared of our honesty
- I have asked all my MLAs that this is the second war for freedom. Have asked them to get ready to go to jail
- If they die, they will be hailed as martyrs. If they win, they’ll be called heroes. If they run away, they’ll be called cowards.
- Just like the cases against MLAs, it seems like the case against Rajendra Kumar is also fake
- Amit Shah is micromanaging CBI
- Will contest elections in Gujarat if people want
- Wi-Fi is coming soon through a fibre optics network
- Sports university for degrees in sports, mission 100 for sportspersons coming up
- All PWD roads will be repaired again. MCD is responsible for smaller roads
- We will hold another talk in a month or month and a half. Suggestions invited
The government launched a dedicated website www.talktoak.com through which people asked questions directly.
The move, intended to reach out to people across the country, comes at a time when Kejriwal’s Aam Aadmi Party is gearing up for assembly elections in states such as Goa, Punjab and Gujarat.
If ‘Talk to AK’ gets good response from people, it will be held every month, an official said.
According to senior leaders with the APP, the idea behind ‘Talk to AK’ is to get a pulse of people’s impression about the party and its functioning at the political as well as administrative levels.