74 per cent increase in students from J-K taking admissions in education institutes across country
Over 4,400 students from Jammu and Kashmir took admission in reputed institutions across the country under the Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme (PMSSS), a 74 per cent increase since last year.
“J&K scholarship scheme of Govt got major success this year with 74% increase in J&K students taking admissions in reputed institutions outside J&K. Thanks to streamlining of processes by AICTE,” HRD Secretary R Subrahmanyam said in a tweet.
While 4,418 students from Jammu and Kashmir took admission under the scheme this year, the figure was 2,543 in 2018.
The figure was 3,021, 2,168, 1,341 and 1,968 in 2017, 2016, 2015 and 2014 respectively.
After the government’s announcement on August 5 to remove Jammu and Kashmir’s special status under Article 370 of the Constitution and split the state into two Union territories, the region continues to face restrictions on communications and movement.
In August, the Supreme Court, on the state administration’s request, had extended the deadline for PMSSS scholars to report at their respective institutes by a month -- from August 15 to September 15. The state had approached the apex court anticipating that students from the Valley might not be able to join on time because of the curbs.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The Bihar government on Tuesday admitted in the state assembly that the enrolment of students in the government and government-aided schools had declined by 40 lakh in 2018-19 compared to 2014-15.
- The recruitment examinations include the West Bengal Civil Service exam, West Bengal Audit, and Accounts Service exam, and West Bengal Civil Service main exam 2020.
- AIIMS INI CET July 2021 Session: Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the INI-CET 2021 examination online at aiimsexams.org on or before March 31, 2021, until 5 pm.
- Maharashtra Public Service Commission (MPSC) has released the hall ticket or admit card for MPSC State Services Prelims exam 2020.
- UP Board, will conduct its class 10 (high school) and class 12 (intermediate) examinations-2021 at 729 additional centres spread across the state as compared to last year owing to the Covid pandemic.
- FCI Recruitment 2021: Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the positions online at fci.gov.in on or before March 31, 2021, until 4 pm.
- PSTCL Recruitment 2021: After the application process begins, interested and eligible candidates will be able to apply for the positions online at pstcl.org on or before March 26, 2021.
- JKBOSE class 10 results 2020: Students who have appeared in the JKBOSE class 10 board exams 2020 can check their results online at jkbose.ac.in.
- BHU SET 2021: Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the BHU SET 2021 examination online at bhuonline.in on or before March 31, 2021.
- CBSE, ICSE and many other state boards have announced the dates for board examinations and students appearing in the exams must be a anxious lot by now.