JEE Main 2023 Session 2: Last minute preparation tips for the exam
The second session of JEE (Main) 2023 exam will be held on 6th, 8th, 10th, 11th and 12th April . Here are last minute preparation tips from expert.
The NTA will conduct Session-2 of the JEE (Main) 2023 on 6th, 8th, 10th, 11th and 12th April . Here are some vital tips that would help ace JEE Main 2023.
Last One Week Preparation Tips:
1. The last week must be utilised to revise & take at least 4 to 5 Mock tests in the actual timings of the exam.
2. One must not start a new chapter or refer a new book during the last week before JEE Main exam.
3. It is advisable to brush up important formulae of all the chapters in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics, as this would give an edge while solving questions.
4. Revise from your own handwritten notes.
5. Prefer healthy & home cooked food.
6. Maintain a steady routine involving 6 to 7hrs of sleep while avoiding late night study.
7. Short meditation/relaxation exercises each day would help to remain calm and focused.
8. Taking a small break of 5-10 minutes after an hour of study is very important to relax your mind. It reduces fatigue and helps in improving concentration.
9. Students should lay emphasis on taking more and more JEE Main mock tests by solving the model/sample and Previous Year Question Papers (PYQs) / Papers of January Session in a simulated examination environment.
Strategy to attempt JEE Main Paper:
Sometimes the Right Strategy and Time Management play a vital role in deciding the rank for an aspirant. So, one must be quick enough to adapt to the level of the paper and act promptly. The following points may however be kept in mind when attempting the questions:
• Attempt easy questions first.
• Choose sections that have less risk and more gain.
• Carefully scroll through the entire question paper in the first 5 minutes.
• Keep a check on time while attempting the paper.
• Try taking the Test in two rounds so that you can come back to questions that did not strike you in the first round. Avoid negative marks.
• Don't start from question you don't know.
• Don't get upset if any section is tough. You can score in other sections.
• Don’t guess if you have no idea about the concept involved in a question.
• Don’t be nervous if you find the paper tough, since it is the relative performance that counts. Hence, put your best analytical mind to work, it will take you ahead.
The Key Points that will decide your Rank in JEE Main will be:
• Command over the important topics in each of Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics.
• Practice of similar levels of questions as asked in JEE Main.
• Perfection over your timing of solving an objective type of question.
• Attention given to time management & Strategy apart from covering your syllabi.
• Confidence when you take up the actual exam.
Tips for the JEE(Main)-Final Exam Day & a day before:
Following should be kept in mind while getting ready for JEE (Main) Exam Day.
• Think positively and don’t discuss about your preparation as this may indirectly make you nervous even if you are well prepared.
• Don’t talk anything about JEE (Main) with others.
• One day before JEE Main, do not study anything new.
• Stay calm, confident and trust yourself.
• Brush up important formulae in all three subjects.
• Say to yourself- “I am excited about JEE Main and I can crack it easily”.
• Relax yourself or indulge in meditation a day before the actual exam in order to give your best on the exam day.
• Don’t ask your friend how much they have studied. It will create unnecessary pressure.
• Have a sound sleep for at least 6-7 hours.
• Prepare yourself to reach the exam centre at least half an hour before the exam starts.
• Ensure to carry your JEE Main 2023 Hall Ticket and follow the instructions as per the hall ticket. Avoid borrowing anything inside the examination hall.
So, work hard, stay determined and set out to conquer your target goal with full confidence & zeal.
(Author Ramesh Batlish is Head-FIITJEE Noida & Greater Noida Centres. Views expresed here are personal.)