Coronavirus scare: Visva Bharati postpones Vasanta Utsav introduced by Rabindranath Tagore
Visva Bharati authorities at Santiniketan in West Bengal have ‘postponed’ the Vasanta Utsav celebrations scheduled on Holi day on March 9 to avoid large public gathering of people in the wake of coronavirus scare.
Vasanta Utsav was introduced by Rabindranath Tagore himself at Visva Bharati which was also founded by him.
The decision to cancel the festival was taken in the university’s executive council meeting on Friday a day after the University Grants Commission advised all universities and colleges across the country to avoid large gatherings as a precautionary measure against the disease.
“We received a UGC advisory on Thursday in which universities and colleges were advised not to allow any large gatherings. The executive council members today held a meeting which last for more than four hours. A decision has been taken to postpone of the Vasanta Utsav to prevent any kind of outbreak of the disease,” said Anirban Sircar, the university’s public relations officer.
While more than two lakh people gathered at the Santiniketan in 2019, authorities were expecting around four lakh people this year.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has also announced that he will not participate in any holi milan events in the wake of coronavirus scare. He cited experts’ advice against mass gatherings to contain the spread of disease.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the positions through a prescribed format on or before February 28, 2021.
- After the correction window opens, candidates who have registered for the JEE Mains 2021 will be able to make corrections in their application forms online at jeemain.nta.nic.in on or before January 30, 2021.
- Candidates who have registered for the typing test can download their admit card online at gjust.ac.in.
- Candidates who have appeared in the recruitment examination can take a print out of the final answer key online at ssc.nic.in on or before February 24, 2021.
- Candidates who have qualified in the IBPS PO Prelims Exam can download their admit card for IBPS PO mains online at ibps.in on or before February 4, 2021.
- Candidates who have applied for admission can check the AP EAMCET second phase allotment result 2020 online at apeamcet.nic.in.
- Patnaik had launched the "Mo School" campaign in November 2017 in response to philanthropic interest from alumni of schools of Odisha, residing in India and abroad.
- Universities need to explore the uncharted path and innovative methods when it comes to pedagogy, and playing the role of facilitators in a student's journey of finding their goals and preparing them for their future.