DU defers spot admission for entrance based undergraduate courses due to Covid-19
The Delhi University on Sunday deferred spot admission for entrance-based undergraduate courses in view of many university departments and officials being affected by COVID-19.
The university has also deferred till further notice the announcement of special cut-off for undergraduate courses for seats that are still vacant after admissions under five cut-off lists.
“Many of the university departments and officials have been affected by COVID–19. Due to this, the spot admission to UG Entrance Based Courses and special cut-off for UG Merit Based Courses have been deferred till further notice,” university registrar Vikas Gupta said.
“However, as announced earlier, the University of Delhi shall display coursewise and categorywise vacant seats in each college on November 18,” he added.
More than 67,000 seats have been filled in various undergraduate courses in Delhi University so far.
“A total of 67,781 students have taken admissions so far under five cut-off lists. Out of these, 24,261 admissions have been done under the fifth cut-off list which was announced last Saturday,” a senior university official said.
There are total 70,000 seats in various undergraduate courses at DU this year.
This year, the admission process is completely being held online due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the positions in the prescribed format on or before February 27, 2021.
- Once the application process begins, interested and eligible candidates will be able to apply for the positions online at wbhrb.in on or before February 6, 2021, until 8pm.
- Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the positions online at upsc.gov.in on or before February 11, 2021.
- Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the positions online at barc.gov.in on or before February 15, 2021.
- Once the correction window opens, candidates who have registered for the examination will be able to make corrections in their online applications online at jeemain.nta.nic.in on or before January 30, 2021.
- The schedule covers the fifth and sixth mop-up rounds, which is a rare chance for dental aspirants to opt for seats in the course.
- Candidates who have registered for the examination will be able to download the admit card online at wbbpe.org or wbbprimaryeducation.org.