DU’s second cut-off list to be out today: Here's what to expect
The second cut-off list for admission to Delhi University colleges may see a dip of 0.25-1% on Monday giving students who failed to clear the sky-high cut-offs in the first round another chance. The cut-offs -- to be declared online on Monday night – may see a greater dip for social science and humanities courses.
A second list released earlier than others by Kirori Mal College and Deshbandhu College indicated the same. While history (hons) came down from 95.5% to 94.75% at KMC, political science (hons) is now available for 97% as against 98% in the first list.
Deshbandhu College, which closed admissions to B.Com (hons) and economics (hons), slashed cutoffs for history (hons) and political science (hons) to 86% and 87%, respectively.
The Sri Ram College of Commerce has closed B.Com (hons) admissions but will come up with a second list for economics (hons). “There will be a second cut-off list for economics (hons) with a dip of 0.25-0.50%. But there is no second list for commerce as seats are already full. In fact, we have given admission to more number of students than seats available,” said Ashok Sehgal, officiating principal, SRCC. The first cut-off for economics (hons) at SRCC was 98.75%.
Ramjas College too closed admission to several courses. Of the 1,300 seats available across courses, around 745 have been filled. “Seats are full in zoology, botany, life sciences, English and political science. For the rest, we will have a second list,” said principal Rajendra Prasad who hinted at a dip of 0.50-1%.
A second list is also likely at Lady Shri Ram College which had announced the highest cutoffs for economics (hons) and English (hons) at 98% and 98.25%, respectively. “We have seats left in economics, English and B.Com (hons) among some other courses,” said spokesperson Kanika Ahuja.
Aspirants of B.Com (hons), a popular course which saw several takers in the first round, can try their luck at Ram Lal Anand College which is likely to bring out a second list for the course. The college, however, closed admissions to political science (hons). “We are coming out with a second list in many subjects, including commerce and journalism (Hindi). Across subjects there will be a decrease of about 0.25-3% (in cutoffs). However, seats for political science and statistics are full,” said principal Vijay K Sharma.
Anju Srivastava, acting principal of Hindu College, however, sounded a note of caution. “There would not be much decrease in cutoffs. They would drop by 0.25-0.5% in different subjects. There are many courses like sociology and botany which are already full,” she said.
Admissions based on the second list would begin Tuesday.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Over 6.88 lakh candidates have applied for UPPSC's combined state/upper subordinate services examination 2021, commonly known as PCS exam, and assistant conservator of forest /range forest officer services examination 2021, say UPPSC officials.
- National Testing Agency (NTA) is expected to soon declare the results of Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) main 2021 first session exams.
- The National Testing Agency (NTA) uploaded Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT) answer key and question paper 2021 on Sunday, March 7.
- JEE main results 2021: After the results are declared, candidates who have appeared in the JEE mains 2021 examination will be able to check their results online at jeemain.nta.nic.in.
- JEE main result 2021 Live Updates: After the results are announced, candidates who have appeared in the JEE Main 2021 February session examination will be able to check their results online at jeemain.nta.nic.in.
- The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) on Saturday declared the final results of multi-tasking staff recruitment exam 2019 on its official website.
- SSC CPO final answer key 2020: Candidates who have appeared in the SSC CPO Paper 1 exam 2020 can check the final answer key along with the question paper online at ssc.nic.in.
- UPSC NDA and Naval Academy results 2020: Candidates who have appeared in the UPSC NDA and Naval Academy 2020 examination can check their results online at upsc.gov.in.
- UPPSC RO and ARO recruitment 2021: Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the UPPSC RO and ARO recruitment 2021 online at uppsc.up.nic.in on or before April 5, 2021.