Government plans varsity for languages’ promotion
The education ministry is planning to set up a Bharatiya Bhasha Vishwavidyalaya to promote Indian languages and has constituted a high-level panel to draft a blueprint, an order by the ministry has said.
The eleven-member panel, chaired by former chief election commissioner N Gopalaswami and comprising several eminent personalities, will outline the modalities of the Indian Institute of Translation and Interpretation, the order said.
According to the November 27 order, the panel will recommend the aims and objectives of the Bharatiya Bhasha Vishwavidyalaya (BBV) and the Indian Institute of Translation and Interpretation (IITI). HT has seen a copy of the letter.
The panel will draft a blueprint for the governance structure of the two institutes, including the department and centres that would work under them, the ministry order said.
The committee will also review the infrastructure available under the Central Institute of Indian Languages in Mysuru in terms of land, buildings and manpower, academic as well as non academic, and how they can be utilized for BBV, the ministry order said.
“The committee will also suggest the financial requirement, capital and recurring, for conversion of CIIL into BBV and IITI. The committee will also suggest additional requirement of land, if any,” said the order.
Another item on the panel’s agenda is to outline how the functioning of Centre of Excellence for studies in classical languages could be accommodated in the proposed university.
The decision to set up the institute is in line with the National Education Policy’s focus on promoting Indian languages. Apart from Gopalaswami, UGC chief D P Singh, Lal Bahadur Shastri National Sankrit University vice chancellor Ramesh Kumar Pandey, Mahatamagandhi Antarrashtriya Hindi Vishwavidyalaya vice chancellor Rajnish Shukla, Prof Balwant Jani, chancellor of Dr Hari Singh Gaur University and Prof Chand Kiran Saluja of Sanskrit Promotion Foundation in New Delhi, are also on the panel.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Bihar Board inter Admit Card 2021: Bihar School Examination Board (BSEB) on Saturday released the admit card for class 12th board exams 2021 on its official website.
- BSEB Class 12th Admit Card 2021: Bihar School Examination Board (BSEB) will on Saturday release the admit card for class 12th board exams 2021 on its official website seniorsecondary.biharboardonline.com.
- SSC CHSL Results: Candidates who have appeared in the SSC CHSL Tier 1 exam 2019 can check their results by visiting ssc.nic.in.
- Staff Selection Commission (SSC) on Friday declared the Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL) tier 1 exam result 2019 and cutoff marks on its official website-ssc.nic.in.
- Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has extended the deadline for re-registration for January 2021 session till January 31.
- National Institute of Open Schooling on Friday released class 10th, 12th admit card for January/February 2021 exams. Candidates who are registered for the exams can download their admit card from the official website at nios.ac.in.
- The online application window for Electronics Corporation of India Limited (ECIL) recruitment for the posts of graduate engineer apprentice (GEA) and Technical Diploma Apprentice (TA), will close on January 15
- IBPS PO Result 2020: The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) on Thursday declared the results for Probationary Officer/ Management Trainee CRP-X prelims examination on its official website at ibps.in.