Govt schools lack water, toilets in Chhattisgarh
Over two lakh government schools in the country do not have basic facilities like water and toilets with Chhattisgarh and Jharkhand topping the list for such schools, according to a government survey.
Nearly 21 per cent of about 1.04 million schools in 29 states and union territories across the country did not have a toilet for students in 2005, said the survey by the National Institute of Education Planning and Administration (NIEPA). According to the survey, about 47 per cent of schools had common toilets for students who belong to different age groups of six to 18 years. The situation was very bad in Chhattisgarh and Jharkhand, where the percentage of primary schools without any toilet facility were 88 and 80 respectively. With regard to drinking water, only 21 per cent schools had access to tap water while about 46 per cent of schools had hand-pump facility, it said adding that in about six per cent of the schools, students have to fetch water from wells. "It is observed that all integrated higher secondary schools do not have tap water facility," the survey said. The schools surveyed include about 6,93,000 primary schools, about 71,000 upper primary schools and nearly 57,000 secondary and senior secondary schools. About 97 per cent of the schools surveyed were in the government sector.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Staff Selection Commission (SSC) on Thursday declared the Constable (GD) in CAPFs, NIA, SSF and Rifleman in Assam Rifles result 2018 on its official website ssc.nic.in. a total of 1,09,552 candidates have qualified.
- HTET Result 2020: Board of Secondary Education Haryana (BSEB) on Thursday declared the results of Haryana Teachers Eligibility Test (HTET 2020) on its official website -haryanatet.in
- Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) on Thursday declared the Office Assistant (Multipurpose) CRP- IX prelims exam results on its official website- ibps.in
- Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) on Thursday declared the results of office assistants (Multipurpose) preliminary examination 2020.
- National Testing Agency has extended the last date to apply for Common Management Admission Test (CMAT 2021). Earlier, the deadline was January 22 which has been extended till January 30.
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) on Wednesday released the open round allocation list for INICET 2021. Candidates who have qualified for MD/MS/M.Ch courses can check their seat allotment result on its official website at aiimsexams.org
- Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) will declare the results of office assistants (Multipurpose) preliminary examination 2020-21 on Thursday, January 21.
- The online registration for the National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) entrance exam will close on Thursday, January 21.
- The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) on Wednesday announced the result of the Combined SO-Steno LDCE, 2015 exam on its official website- upsc.gov.in.