Medicos boycott classes
The strike called by students of five medical colleges in the Capital to protest the government's move to implement quota for other backward classes (OBCs) in top educational institutes of the country is still on, contrary to reports that it has been called off.
“There is some confusion," said Mohammed Arman, representative, University College of Medical Sciences. According to Arman, the strike is very much on. "Hospital duties have been resumed, but we are still boycotting classes. We don’t want to trouble the patients, but will mobilise people. We are also planning a nation-wide strike,” he said.
With colleges from across the country joining in the movement, the protest is expected to gain momentum in the days ahead. “We want merit to be the sole criteria," said Arman.
“Students, when they enter a medical college at the under-graduate level, irrespective of their caste, have the same faculty, the same education. Then why reservation at the PG level?” he asked.
The five medical colleges in Delhi have formed a forum called the 'Youth for Equality Movement.' “They are deflecting attention,” said Abhimanyu Anat, representative, Maulana Azad Medical College. Representative of Lady Hardinge Medical College, Amitasha Sinha, said, "The poll panel’s code of conduct is just an excuse for not addressing the issue.”
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Over 6.88 lakh candidates have applied for UPPSC's combined state/upper subordinate services examination 2021, commonly known as PCS exam, and assistant conservator of forest /range forest officer services examination 2021, say UPPSC officials.
- National Testing Agency (NTA) is expected to soon declare the results of Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) main 2021 first session exams.
- The National Testing Agency (NTA) uploaded Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT) answer key and question paper 2021 on Sunday, March 7.
- JEE main results 2021: After the results are declared, candidates who have appeared in the JEE mains 2021 examination will be able to check their results online at jeemain.nta.nic.in.
- JEE main result 2021 Live Updates: After the results are announced, candidates who have appeared in the JEE Main 2021 February session examination will be able to check their results online at jeemain.nta.nic.in.
- The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) on Saturday declared the final results of multi-tasking staff recruitment exam 2019 on its official website.
- SSC CPO final answer key 2020: Candidates who have appeared in the SSC CPO Paper 1 exam 2020 can check the final answer key along with the question paper online at ssc.nic.in.
- UPSC NDA and Naval Academy results 2020: Candidates who have appeared in the UPSC NDA and Naval Academy 2020 examination can check their results online at upsc.gov.in.
- UPPSC RO and ARO recruitment 2021: Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the UPPSC RO and ARO recruitment 2021 online at uppsc.up.nic.in on or before April 5, 2021.