PM Modi calls on youth to work for 'New India' through 'Atmanirbhar Bharat'
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday appealed to the youth to work for "New India" through "Atmanirbhar Bharat" campaign.
"Our nation is entering the 75th year of independence. Innumerable people of Assam had contributed towards freedom. Several people had sacrificed their lives, their youth. Now you have to live for New India and Atmanirbhar India," PM Modi said while addressing the 18th Convocation of Tezpur University in Assam through video conferencing.
"During COVID-19, the Atmanirbhar Bharat campaign has become a part of our vocabulary... The way our government is involved in the development of North East today, the way we are working on connectivity, education and health, there are many new possibilities for you. Take full advantage of these possibilities," he added.
The Prime Minister said that grassroots innovations of students at Tezpur University add impetus to 'vocal for local'.
These innovations are helping in solving local problems and thus, opening new doors towards development, he said.
"The effect of converting waste into energy is massive as well. Remains of crops have been a big challenge for both our farmers and the environment. The work that you are doing on technology related to bio-gas and organic fertilisers can solve a major problem in India," he added.
Lauding Tezpur University, he said that the varsity is running a campaign to conserve North East's biodiversity and rich heritage.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Interested candidates can check the schedule for UP JEE 2021 online at jeecup.nic.in.
- UPPRB Recruitment 2021: Once the application process started, interested and eligible candidates will be able to apply for the positions online at uppbpb.gov.in on or before April 30, 2021.
- BPSC 66th prelims answer key 2021: Candidates who have appeared in Bihar Re-CCE 2021 can download the prelims answer key online at bpsc.bih.nic.in.
- The declaration of result for class 10 annual regular (Kashmir) students is likely to take a few more days.
- The state board exams are usually held in March, but had been postponed to April this year, due to the pandemic.
- Candidates can submit their forms online at cbse.gov.in.
- ICSI CS results 2020: Candidates who have appeared in the ICSI CS Executive exams 2020 can check their results online at icsi.edu.
- Over all the paper was moderate to easy; Today, the paper was balanced and almost all topics were covered in every subject.